• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Hello from West Sussex

Survival Stu

Slightly Talkative
Hi everyone :) I started bushcraft about a year ago & have enjoyed learning new skills and getting back out to nature whenever I can but there is only so much you can do that on your own, so I'm looking for new people and locations around sussex to practice and learn with. I am by no means an expert but I lived homeless for 10 years which was mostly spent in a tent in the outskirts of whichever town I was in living feral & also done some tree protesting in my younger days so learned a lot of skills through that & never lost the love of staying in the woods. If there are any people who meet up in the sussex area with permission to use land & even catch live food (if poss) I would love to hear from you. :) And to everyone else 'Hi' :) I look forward to exchanging tips & talking to people with similar interests. Stu :)

Hi Stu.

Nice introduction.

Welcome to the Bushcraftforum :thumbsup:
We have a few members around the Sussex area who may be up for a meet.....and making a new bush friend.
Have a good look around and feel free to get stuck in.:)

Thanks for the warm welcome, I'm sure I'll get to know plenty of fellow bush folk judging from what I've seen so far :)

Hi everyone :) I started bushcraft about a year ago & have enjoyed learning new skills and getting back out to nature whenever I can but there is only so much you can do that on your own, so I'm looking for new people and locations around sussex to practice and learn with. I am by no means an expert but I lived homeless for 10 years which was mostly spent in a tent in the outskirts of whichever town I was in living feral & also done some tree protesting in my younger days so learned a lot of skills through that & never lost the love of staying in the woods. If there are any people who meet up in the sussex area with permission to use land & even catch live food (if poss) I would love to hear from you. :) And to everyone else 'Hi' :) I look forward to exchanging tips & talking to people with similar interests. Stu :)
Where about are you Stu? I live in Horsham so you can't be far from me

That sounds good Joe, I've heard theres some nice woodland up by you... Not really spent much time in Horsham but used to live by shermanbury for a little while..
We've got hundreds of acres of woodland, if you can get up here I take you up to St Leonards Forest which is only a few minutes drive from me then stop for a beer on the way back:):)

Sounds good, I've got a bit of time off late end of next week... I don't drive so I'll probably get the train, bring my gear & stay the night in the woods. Is there any restrictions with regards to camping, fires, etc.?

Sounds good, I've got a bit of time off late end of next week... I don't drive so I'll probably get the train, bring my gear & stay the night in the woods. Is there any restrictions with regards to camping, fires, etc.?
They are a bit anti though I have done it, I can drive down and pick you up

They are a bit anti though I have done it, I can drive down and pick you up
Well I'm sure it'll be ok for just the one night & I obviously leave the wood as I found it with no signs I was even there... Its ok i won't make you drive all that way, perhaps we could meet at your nearest train station.? When is good for you.? I'm off work from the 8th until the 14th so anytime between then would be good for me :)

Well I'm sure it'll be ok for just the one night & I obviously leave the wood as I found it with no signs I was even there... Its ok i won't make you drive all that way, perhaps we could meet at your nearest train station.? When is good for you.? I'm off work from the 8th until the 14th so anytime between then would be good for me :)
One problem with the dates Stu :( I'll be in Cornwall until 18th so it has to be after that

One problem with the dates Stu :( I'll be in Cornwall until 18th so it has to be after that
Ah no prblems, we can make it for after that :) will have to see what work is doing first. Where are you going in Cornwall.? Caravaning or camping.?

Ah no prblems, we can make it for after that :) will have to see what work is doing first. Where are you going in Cornwall.? Caravaning or camping.?
Staying in a timber lodge just outside Padstow, at 85 Wendys mum is a bit past camping:rofl:

Anyway I've got a few options here for getting my own permission. Not the biggest wood but it has great possibilities
Sounds great, you don't need a massive wood for honing/practicing bushcraft anyway, it'll be nice to have a space you can use as & when you please. I was thinking about approaching some local farmers myself & offer a bit of cash/work for use of the space. Definitely worth a try...

Back