• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Keith

Very Addicted
When I went to pick up the camera this morning, something or someone had unlatched & opened the control panel cover. Take note of the last frame at night, is this whiskers you can see?
Keith.

yep they are whiskers ,what it is ???????????? beaver ???
No beavers here, only beaver rats & they stay where there is water. I suspect this is a Mountain Brushtail Possum or a Ringtail Possum. Had me going for a while though trying to figure out what I was seeing :)
Keith.
Mountain_Brushtail_Possum.jpg

Mountain Brushtail.
Ringtail_Possum_3_REDUCED.jpg
The smaller Ringtail climbing our front door security screen.
Australian_Beaver_Rat_REDUCED.jpg

The Beaver Rat. These too were trapped in Australia for their fur during the fur trade, possum furs too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea, possibly whiskers but could be anything. Any damage? Chewing or scratches?
No marks at all which is odd given that the cover catch is tight to operate, & if it was a possum, they have very sharp claws.
Keith.

Back