• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Here we go again

Woodlander

Very Addicted
Well I'm back to square 1. Got me on too much thyroxine so another 6 to 8 weeks of feeling like shit! Anyways keeping myself busy playing in the shed. Watched video of Mors Kochanski making a knife. Liked the way he attached the handle so having a go myself.
20190930_143746.jpg

Here's the video if you fancy a butchers

Sorry to hear that Jon :( push through it mate:thumbsup:

Good to see you are keeping busy though........liking the size and shape of the knife :thumbsup:
What will you use for the scales?

Look forward to the finished article mate :thumbsup:

Well I'm back to square 1. Got me on too much thyroxine so another 6 to 8 weeks of feeling like shit! Anyways keeping myself busy playing in the shed. Watched video of Mors Kochanski making a knife. Liked the way he attached the handle so having a go myself.View attachment 19270

Here's the video if you fancy a butchers
I enjoyed the video Jon but boy the state of that workshop, Elf and Safety would have a field day in there

Quick and effective :thumbsup: he didn’t quench the knife tho ?
I didn't quench the one I ground out of a rasp Mark and it holds an edge like a razor. I'm no expert but I think continually re heating and forging a piece of metal softens it so you have to harden it with a quench

I didn't quench the one I ground out of a rasp Mark and it holds an edge like a razor. I'm no expert but I think continually re heating and forging a piece of metal softens it so you have to harden it with a quench

A think your right joe

Sorry to hear about your set back Jon. The knife is looking good so far, cherry scales sound great

Well its been heat treated. I have mounted a cherry handle, done some rough shaping,its not going to be the most beautiful knife, but useful nonetheless View attachment 19277View attachment 19278View attachment 19274View attachment 19276
I love the blade shape, more years ago than I care to remember we used to make the blades from old industrial hacksaw blades which didn't need tempering and because of the flexibility we used to keep them 2 to 3 inches long and occasionally 4 inches but never longer

I love the blade shape, more years ago than I care to remember we used to make the blades from old industrial hacksaw blades which didn't need tempering and because of the flexibility we used to keep them 2 to 3 inches long and occasionally 4 inches but never longer
Like this? @Joecole
Screenshot_2019-10-02-09-38-47-1.png
Screenshot_2019-10-02-09-39-02-2.png

Its not one of mine, it coincidentally came up on another group

Back