• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Hey there :)

Arms of Andes

Slightly Talkative
I'm Melissa Hinostroza, my family is from Peru, but I was born in Los Angeles and currently living in Amsterdam. When I lived in LA I would hike almost everyday since the mountains were only 2 blocks away. Being in Amsterdam, I definitely missing the nature and looking forward to moving somewhere else in Europe. If you guys have any recommendations where I can live that has nature and city, that would be great if you could share them. :)

I joined this forum because I wanted to hear stories of other travelers and learn useful tips of nature. I'm really interested in knowing how everyone does their own adventure. Being from Peru, our nature adventures are much different. For example, every year we'd visit my mother's small town in Peru and wander around. I didn't noticed how unique this was until I shared my stories with my friends who would tell me very different stories. We'd do long hikes in San Pablo (very small town near Cajamarca, Peru) and ride horses without the gear. When we would get tired the nearby houses would give us water and food. Everyone in the town is very humble and is always sharing their foods. Maybe you guys have an interesting story to share.

Hi and welcome, sounds like you have had a varied time of it, cities and nature, now that's something you don't see to much of, how far do you want to travel ?

Hi Arms :)

A warm welcome to the Life In "The Wilderness Forum" šŸ‘
Hope you enjoy the forum and its content and we look forward to your feedback and posts.
Never visited Peru........but from your description it sounds lovely......Horseback is a tranquil way to explore and take in nature.

Enjoy :)

Hi Arms :)

A warm welcome to the Life In "The Wilderness Forum" šŸ‘
Hope you enjoy the forum and its content and we look forward to your feedback and posts.
Never visited Peru........but from your description it sounds lovely......Horseback is a tranquil way to explore and take in nature.

Enjoy :)
thanks for the warm welcome :) you should visit Peru, its gorgeous and we have everything from the beach to the Andes

I think I want to stay with in EU. Any recommendations?
None that spring to mind, are you wanting to travel place to place, forage or buy supplies, work, or do you want to put down roots permanently and travel from home ?

:welcome:

Because in the times, when towns started to develop, the german empire was fallen in incredible many small nearly independent states and this structure never was really given up, we have in the most areas of Germany a lot of interesting towns which are surrounded by nature.

That is really different to for example France, where a few interesting larger towns are surrounded by belts of one family houses.

Between let's say roughly Colone, Wuppertal and the Dutch border Germany is totally crowded, one town ends where the other starts, but the rest of Germany offers a lot of nice towns in the middle of the nature.

Fulda for example had been a bishop's residence town, it offers a rich culture and interesting shopping options and is implanted in a really lovely green landscape of soft hills with comfortable weather and fantastic hiking ways around.

Germans usually speak very good English, but of course to work there it is necessary to speak German. People misunderstand sometimes the situation here. We speak English outside the country, with guests, friends and partners, and we usually speak it nearly as good as Americans, but in our business world we speak nearly exclusively German to each other. Of course!

Should you look for something green and English speaking we can offer you Ireland.

But unfortunately I can't tell you so much about it. I just know, that they produce good butter and whiskey but bad beer, and that it is raining there 365 days a year, 24 hors a day since several centuries.

Should you be interested in warm and dry weather, we can offer you Spain. As far I am informed, they speak Spanish there, what could be perhaps helpfull for you.

Currently nobody can tell you surely if Britain will leave the EU. If not, that would be a nice inner European option too.

Last edited:
Yes, eastern Europe is relatively empty.

Unfortunately they speak Slavonic or Finno-Ugric languages.

Not so easy to understand and not so easy to learn!

French and German are far easier to understand and learn if one speaks Spanish and English, because it's more or less the same. English, German and Dutch are very similar, Scandinavic languages too.

Problems to understand people just start in Austria and Switzerland, or better they start in Bavaria and Baden-WĆ¼rttemberg...
Than it's easier to hop over the mountains and speak Italian.

English: The fish swims in the glass.
German: Der Fisch schwimmt im Glas.

English: My wife is in the house.
German: Mein Weib ist im Haus.

English: I drink a cup of tee.
German: Ich trink' ne Tasse Tee.

English: I sit on the sofa.
German: Ich sitz' auf dem Sofa.

It's not always so easy, but often!

Back