• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Hi, new to the forum.

The Cat In The Hat

Slightly Talkative
Hi folks, just found this forum, I am quite a solitary prepper I guess and am the only prepper in my family. I guess my skills and preps are that I have lived in some very unusual places, I lived in a double decker bus on a farm/traveller site for a couple of years, my only heat source was a woodburner which I cooked on as well. I lived in it through minus 20 temperatures during that really cold winter 2011? I cant remember now about 6 or 7 years ago. After that I lived in the inner Hebrideas on an island with a population of 100 mostly crofters. During the winter the electric went down for two weeks and I could not leave the island and no boats could land. So it was a survival situation. I guess those experiences have made me into a prepper. I am back in a town now, I don't really like being in a town and ideally I would like a plot of land with woods and some pasture. Maybe in the future. At the moment I am learning, making errors, leaning some more. One recent situation which has also taught me a lot is I had a stalker who is now in prison. it has over shadowed my life for the last two years and I guess has opened my mind quite a lot and made me very security conscious. The police have been great and they are doing their best to get him deported but It has definatly made me hyper vigilant and ponder about what I would do if the rule of law broke down. I was able to talk to the police at length about how I could defend myself if he accessed my home which he tried to do. So all in all my life has been preparing me for disasters lol
I am blessed to have a motorhome which is my get away truck and would surely be an asset in certain survival scenarios. I have already put a woodburner in it, It is big enough for my family and animals and my prepps if the worst happened.
I would like to learn more skills, carpentry, bit more blacksmithing, more gardening skills, hunting and stuff.
Anyway nice to meet you all,

Hello Cat. Don't worry about being the only prepper in the family. l remember someone on TV saying that you only need one prepper in the family and that's how it is chez Barbara. OH likes the idea of self sufficiency so l disguise my prepping as that instead as he doesn't know l'm a prepper. Our sons no longer live at home and are definitely NOT preppers and have forgotten the times we spent shelter building and fire lighting in the back garden when they were young. l just hope it comes back to them if necessary!

Yes I at least have given my kids a few skills and different ways of living. So they are adaptable to change.

Back