• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Hi!

pinkhippy

Slightly Talkative
Hi! I joined the forum the other day as I love the outdoors! I am from the UK but have lived in Peru for the last 7 years and it's here that I've really gotten into hiking, camping and adventure life. I like to hear what other people feel about gear/routes/access issues etc. and get involved where I can. Since I got into camping and hiking after leaving the UK, I haven't done much there, but would love to get out and about next time I'm back. Thanks in advance for all the advice and ideas that everyone shares!

Hi Pinkhippy :)

Nice intro......"Welcome to the forum"
Guessing you like Peru after living there for 7 years......was it your career/job that took you there?
Where in the U.K. do you hail from?
Hope you enjoy the forum and get stuck in :thumbsup:

Hi Pinkhippy :)

Nice intro......"Welcome to the forum"
Guessing you like Peru after living there for 7 years......was it your career/job that took you there?
Where in the U.K. do you hail from?
Hope you enjoy the forum and get stuck in :thumbsup:

Hi 1 shot willie, yes, I love Peru! I grew up in rural Hampshire - about as far from the mountains as you can get - but my travels in Europe, New Zealand, Chile and Bolivia awoke the mountain goat in me. I was looking for any opportunity to live in South America, came across a job that brought me here and never left. I took the below photo about 10 mins walk from my house, so maybe you can understand why I stayed! ;)

quinoa and mountain.jpg

Hello and welcome from North Yorkshire , where you live looks fabulous ... what kind of stuff are you into ? Base camping ? fast packing ? Long term expeds ? What gear do you use ? What’s the fishing like ? 😁

Hello and welcome from North Yorkshire , where you live looks fabulous ... what kind of stuff are you into ? Base camping ? fast packing ? Long term expeds ? What gear do you use ? What’s the fishing like ? 😁

Hi! I'm mostly into rock climbing and hiking (day hikes or with a couple of nights of camping). A few years ago, I summited some high-ish (for the Andes) mountains and was hoping to do more this year, but movement is still very limited here due to the pandemic. I'm not into fishing but it's pretty good I hear! Mostly trout and some Argentine Silverside (all introduced of course) in the rivers and lake, but you often need permission from the local communities.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the forum, looks and sounds like you've followed and found your dream, was it easy enough to move there red tape wise ?

Hi and welcome to the forum, looks and sounds like you've followed and found your dream, was it easy enough to move there red tape wise ?
Hi Bopdude! Yeah it was "easy" enough - several years of border jumping, residency through work and then through marriage - but the bureaucracy is pretty hard to understand at times (even if you speak fluent Spanish!) and a pain in the backside, but patience and persistence usually win out!

Hi! I joined the forum the other day as I love the outdoors! I am from the UK but have lived in Peru for the last 7 years and it's here that I've really gotten into hiking, camping and adventure life. I like to hear what other people feel about gear/routes/access issues etc. and get involved where I can. Since I got into camping and hiking after leaving the UK, I haven't done much there, but would love to get out and about next time I'm back. Thanks in advance for all the advice and ideas that everyone shares!
Welcome to the family

Bushcraft tip thats bloody obvious when you think about it....

When i was first navigating by the sun in the northern hemisphere (outback in the Libyan Sahara) i totally forgot the sun traverses northern skies to the south...... Big mistake. 🤣

Back