• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Hi,

Tarka

Slightly Talkative
Greetings and salutations brothers. Norfolk lad here, popping in to say hi

Hi Tarka.

Greetings to you too......."Welcome to the forum" :thumbsup:

Be nice to hear a bit about your journey into Bushcraft/Wild camping............ if you would like to share it with us :)
Pull up a log around the fire and get stuck in....look forward to your input mate:thumbsup:

Sure thing. I've been bushcrafting since I was a nipper, taking inspiration from Mr wiseman's guide a kid. Was in scouts, cadets then joined the army. Became a bushcraft instructor and canoeing coach when I left. Taking time out from the teaching side of things now to spend time with my family and develop my skills further. Currently on a personal mission to track and document red deer in North Norfolk

A solid background then mate :thumbsup:

We have another forum Summer meet in the makings........have a look at the meets section........if its something you fancy and can make it.....you will be made very welcome:thumbsup:

With this solid background you could perhaps write from time to time some solid articles about traditional techniques for beginners.
In my opinion there are a lot of videos from people without any idea about bushcraft in the internet, but it is really hard to find proper informations how things are really done by masters of the faculty.

With this solid background you could perhaps write from time to time some solid articles about traditional techniques for beginners.
In my opinion there are a lot of videos from people without any idea about bushcraft in the internet, but it is really hard to find proper informations how things are really done by masters of the faculty.

What information are you looking for mate:thumbsup:

What information are you looking for mate:thumbsup:
I think Erbswurst was generalising Mark, he's pretty good at what he does but probably feels that the extra knowledge will be beneficial to those who are new to what we old dogs do

I think Erbswurst was generalising Mark, he's pretty good at what he does but probably feels that the extra knowledge will be beneficial to those who are new to what we old dogs do

No worries joe:thumbsup:

Yes, I mean informations for beginners.
Perhaps we should open a special chapter for this.

We all together should perhaps think about writing articles containing the essentials.

If a beginner is looking for informations about hiking, trekking and camping in the internet, he will find most times outstanding funny, idiotic or expensive ideas.

What is missing are informations about realistic packing lists, how to set up a poncho and bivvy bag camp, or how to lighten a fire, and so on.

People really think today, it would be necessary to use this batoning way to split fire wood to lighten a fire, for example, because the knife sellers show this technique in each video.

I thing here we have enough old foxes together, to write down the basics without making a full time job from ist.

Because the Boy Scouts came a bit out of fashion and most European armys stopped the service for every body there are a lot of young people who have no idea how to pack a rucksack properly.

Traveling around in Europe a lot, I can see every where, that we start to get in this point a real problem in the education.

And people who are interested got a lot of rubbish in the brains via You tube.

If we are out, it costs only a few minutes to make some photos, to show beginners how things are working.

Yes, I mean informations for beginners.
Perhaps we should open a special chapter for this.

We all together should perhaps think about writing articles containing the essentials.

If a beginner is looking for informations about hiking, trekking and camping in the internet, he will find most times outstanding funny, idiotic or expensive ideas.

What is missing are informations about realistic packing lists, how to set up a poncho and bivvy bag camp, or how to lighten a fire, and so on.

People really think today, it would be necessary to use this batoning way to split fire wood to lighten a fire, for example, because the knife sellers show this technique in each video.

I thing here we have enough old foxes together, to write down the basics without making a full time job from ist.

Because the Boy Scouts came a bit out of fashion and most European armys stopped the service for every body there are a lot of young people who have no idea how to pack a rucksack properly.

Traveling around in Europe a lot, I can see every where, that we start to get in this point a real problem in the education.

And people who are interested got a lot of rubbish in the brains via You tube.

If we are out, it costs only a few minutes to make some photos, to show beginners how things are working.
I think that it's a very good idea to pass on our combined Knowledge Erbswurst

Fine!
So perhaps you can open a new Chapter in the forum's structure.
"Basics for Beginners"

And then we can fill it all together with articles.

Back