• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Hilleberg Nammatj 3GT

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Its a miserable wet and blowy day outside.
So what better time to get a small project ready...... and finished.
I have still not managed to get the Nammatj out for a pitch and practice run....hoping to do that soon.

Have made up some Snow/Sand/Rock deadman anchors for the tent.
Easy enough to cut some branches to size and use them I hear you say :)
If the conditions are rough and pitching difficult......having everything to hand and ready to use is a bonus.
Need the tent up as quick as possible to get the kit and myself tucked away.......and brew on.........without too much fuss.
Of course....the conditions may be fine.....and I may never use them :D.......but?
I have made them up so that the lines can be detached easily if needed......much the same as other users do.
Will use them on the Front....Back......and guy line position points..........made 12 in all.

Jobs a good'un :)

Attachments

• IMG_20201027_090157.jpg
    IMG_20201027_090157.jpg
    378.6 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Ha! I was looking at some of those pegs on a website just the other day. The ground is quite soft and loose in the woods here, inches deep in fallen Pine Needles so skinny pegs struggle sometimes. Are they aluminium Bill?

Hi Sax.

Yes mate....... Aluminium.....they do work well in soft peaty ground as well.
The half round of the design gives the peg its strength.
Was going to make some from plastic plumbing pipe....but changed my mind in the end.

Back