• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Hoarders

Matt

Site Owner
Staff member
Guy,s im sure we each have a degree of this in our lives :)....

from my own experience i still have some kit i bought when i first got into "bushcraft/wild camping " ... my point is in fighting for space in my "spare room" im sure you guys are the same what makes me laugh is i dont see that many for sale post,s on the forum so i know you LOT are as bad as me .... i do know 1 person far worse than me but he shall remain name less for the time being .... but you know who you are 🤣

Guy,s im sure we each have a degree of this in our lives :)....

from my own experience i still have some kit i bought when i first got into "bushcraft/wild camping " ... my point is in fighting for space in my "spare room" im sure you guys are the same what makes me laugh is i dont see that many for sale post,s on the forum so i know you LOT are as bad as me .... i do know 1 person far worse than me but he shall remain name less for the time being .... but you know who you are 🤣

In the words of Bart Simpson....

" It wasn't me, nobody saw me do it ! " 🤣🤣🤣

Mea culpa, not just my walking/camping stuff, I'm not likely to make the telly as a 'nutjob hoarder' but I'm a bugger for not ditching stuff with the mantra of "it'll come in handy for something....". My missus is always on at me. I've even brought home stuff that some of the lovable travelling community have abandoned when camped nearby. :lol:

Guilty as charged in all things, I have pc gear galore in the attic, kept for that just in case day, that will most likely never come, Dad's old old tools that are basically useless, yep, a shed full lmao, I keep threatening to get a skip and go through the lot, someday, maybe ;)

I was a brave boy the other week, started going through my DVD mountain and actually set aside a load to take to the charity shop but had my mum staying for a bit so they all got bunged back on the shelf out the way. :lol: I'll get there and it will free up a load of room in the 'fortress of solitude' that is my junk room. I do need to get my finger out on this one.

Just recently I've been bagging up clothes that I've never worn in years just to free up wardrobe space. When the weather gets better I will start on the shed and mountains of tools and fishing tackle

If you don't need it now, perhaps you will need it later. And if it's a Sunday, you would get problems to buy it.

Who doesn't own a complete personal equipment of every army in the world and every tool that exists on the market isn't really good equipped.

It's really not so complicated to rent a barn somewhere!

If you don't need it now, perhaps you will need it later. And if it's a Sunday, you would get problems to buy it.

Who doesn't own a complete personal equipment of every army in the world and every tool that exists on the market isn't really good equipped.

It's really not so complicated to rent a barn somewhere!
I think at my age I have more than enough

May be.
But the civil lightweight and ultra light trekking equipment is missing!

Who didn't try it out, isn't informed.

If you don't have the money for quality stuff, you can order cheap stuff directly in China.

You can use the over sea container, where it's delivered in, to store it in your garden!

Yes, and if you haven't enough money to buy more stuff after you bought the bigger house, you can hunt at the flea market or carve it yourself.
Birch bark canoes for example need a lot of space.

[
You can never have too much room to store the shiny shiny.....

At some point few years said to my wife we now have as pop group in the garden . Confused she asked me what I was on about I pointed to our latest acquisition , another shed ,and said "there , Shed 7 " . Admittedly one of those is actually a workshop but at least four are purely for my wiife's stuff ( she dabbles on eBay) and she's also filled our daughter's playhouse now she's out grown it. We've now got 8 plus the playhouse and two greenhouses , and a garage and loft full so I suppose we could possibly just maybe only slightly but not really not properly be called hoarders.

[

At some point few years said to my wife we now have as pop group in the garden . Confused she asked me what I was on about I pointed to our latest acquisition , another shed ,and said "there , Shed 7 " . Admittedly one of those is actually a workshop but at least four are purely for my wiife's stuff ( she dabbles on eBay) and she's also filled our daughter's playhouse now she's out grown it. We've now got 8 plus the playhouse and two greenhouses , and a garage and loft full so I suppose we could possibly just maybe only slightly but not really not properly be called hoarders.

I think you're winning so far mate.

7SUTwut.gif

Also guilty as charged... not with camping gear tho.(don’t have that much. But I will;)) just everything else. Tools etc and more.. shed full of useful things and a cupboard upstairs with even more useful stuff... oh and a man box (as the wify calls it) full to the brim of stuff :D the boy’o is the same 🤣

Also guilty as charged... not with camping gear tho.(don’t have that much. But I will;)) just everything else. Tools etc and more.. shed full of useful things and a cupboard upstairs with even more useful stuff... oh and a man box (as the wify calls it) full to the brim of stuff :D the boy’o is the same 🤣

Heard it called a lot of things but never that..... :eek:

If my brother pics me up somewhere it's not so easy to climb in, because his Defender 110 is stuffed full till the roof.
He really needs a box trailer.

His sheds he can't fill, because he is hoarding ruins too, which are currently very cheap in eastern Germany.

Back