• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Home Decorating.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Time to give the old place a refresh.....should have been done last year.....well.....that was the plan.....not been done for the best part of 5 years :rolleyes:
Going to get stuck in after the Scotters trip.:)
Longe + Hall stairs and landing.....strip the walls.....remove existing coving and dado rails.......over board and skim the ceilings......normally would do them myself.....alas those days are gone :(
Re paper all with lining paper ready to emulsion......replace the carpets.

Deep joy.....cant wait :rolleyes::rofl:......love it really:)

Anyone else splashing the paint about.....or getting stuck in to some DIY projects at home??

Nice one Al.....that will be welcomed addition :).......I wouldn't be without mine.......bought her some new slippers so her feet do not get cold at the sink🤭🤭....trouble is......the bloody slippers fit me as well😳:rolleyes::D

I’m on with one of the dorma/attic rooms that hasn’t been touched in the 15 years since we moved in, we barely even go in there. New veelux went in a couple of years back And it’s structurally good.
I’ll be building a wardrobe out of a few bits of old furniture, painting it all out, repapering the chimney breast and sanding the boards.

I’m on with one of the dorma/attic rooms that hasn’t been touched in the 15 years since we moved in, we barely even go in there. New veelux went in a couple of years back And it’s structurally good.
I’ll be building a wardrobe out of a few bits of old furniture, painting it all out, repapering the chimney breast and sanding the boards.
It’s just another part of the “great plan” to sell the house

Anyone else splashing the paint about.....or getting stuck in to some DIY projects at home??
Joiner by trade so there's always something going on. Second half of last year the wife decided she'd like to put the car in the garage of all things which meant reorganizing all the stuff in there , new shelving , paint to walls and floor and the garage doors are going to need remaking at some point. Next job is the porch which is currently part made in the workshop with a art deco inspired sunburst design door on the bench in bits. There's a new facia to go on round the back of the house , flooring for the lounge and the good lady is talking about redecorating the kitchen , hall and stairs.
Perhaps i should focus my efforts on something else...

Porch sounds like it will be lovely Bay......if you get time please put some pictures of it on here.....👍
It'll be a few months before it actually goes up but I'll see what I can do. And I'll try to keep the scowling teenager out of the picture who says it's just going to look old fashioned and something a pensioner would have and why can't we have something modern...

That’s the last time I share anything with the wif from this forum 🤷🏼‍♂️

@1 shot willie your a jinx sir 🙄😂

We !! Aye I’ll say again WE!! Are now doing the house again and it’s ! Wanting wooden floors though out the downstairs 😞 and a full facelift to all rooms
43462DAD-C59C-4993-8611-BFF44B1EDB49.gif

It'll be a few months before it actually goes up but I'll see what I can do. And I'll try to keep the scowling teenager out of the picture who says it's just going to look old fashioned and something a pensioner would have and why can't we have something modern...
Just tell ‘em they can have whatever they want when it’s them paying for it…🤣

That’s the last time I share anything with the wif from this forum 🤷🏼‍♂️

@1 shot willie your a jinx sir 🙄😂

We !! Aye I’ll say again WE!! Are now doing the house again and it’s ! Wanting wooden floors though out the downstairs 😞 and a full facelift to all rooms
View attachment 40978

Look on the bright side Mark ;).......if you get stuck in now.......you should just about finish ready for NEXT Christmas mate:notlistening::rofl:

Back