• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Home Decorating.

Thereโ€™s a bright side he says ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ Where ? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Now let me think ๐Ÿค”........could the bright side be that we are both able to do most of the work ourselves.....to an impeccable finish and standard of course๐Ÿคฃ
Resulting savings from our own labour = more cash for NEW KIT ๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿคญ:rofl:......feel happier now?:rofl:

Plasterer came to have a look at the job......good news is...... he can skim over the Artex (after sealing) so no need to overboard the ceilings.....result..... and a good saving on labour and materials :thumbsup:
Going to get stuck in when we get back from Scotters.
First job will be to remove the existing coving and false chimney breast.....then get the skimming done.....start on the general preparation after that.
Found some units we like to inset a fire.....you would think that was an easy task......turned out to be a bitch to get the right ones that marry up to what we have in mind.
"Number One Son" was right there to offer his help......bless him.

looking forward to getting gently stuck in to it :)

Thatโ€™s the last time I share anything with the wif from this forum ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ

@1 shot willie your a jinx sir ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜‚

We !! Aye Iโ€™ll say again WE!! Are now doing the house again and itโ€™s ! Wanting wooden floors though out the downstairs ๐Ÿ˜ž and a full facelift to all rooms
View attachment 40978

@Ark79

We gave some thought to wooden floors Mark......easy clean and maintenance..... having a dog and all.
But then we thought of all the clicking of claws when he is prowling around the place.......NAHH.....would drive us bloody crazy :rofl:
And we only have ONE dog......good luck with that mate :rofl:

So.....it begins......first piece of coving off....must be more then 25 years since I put it up in the beginning ๐Ÿค”.......onwards and upwards ๐Ÿ™‚

There it was.

20220127_114418.jpg

@Ark79

Progress is slow mate.....not as quick as I used to be :rofl:
The nice thing is.....there is no real rush....no price or deadline to consider.
Still making my way around the room removing the coving and Dado rails as I go.
Removed the false Chimney Breast I built in 1997......that took some doing on my own :D.....good thing is I can re use the timbers:thumbsup:
Few last lengths of coving to remove then I can pay attention to getting the ceiling line repaired and taped to give the Plasterer a a better chance of achieving a neat well finished wall to ceiling line.......I will be fitting LED uplight coving eventually.
We have decided to do away with one of the ceiling lights.......so will have a repair to do there.
Our next door neighbours are getting on a bit.....so I am not banging about with hammer and bolster until 10.00am.........so early hours are spent steam stripping the walls.

The telly was mounted on the old chiminey breast so we are without a telly in the lounge at the moment......need to sort that for recreational hours :rofl:

Once all the knocking out is done I will call in a waste remover we have used before to get the site cleared of all the major rubbish.......clean decks.
couple of pictures mate......excuse the mess.....I have not hoovered ๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿคฃ

Attachments

• 20220128_120203.jpg
    20220128_120203.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 20220128_120128.jpg
    20220128_120128.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 20220111_160105.jpg
    20220111_160105.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 20220128_161442.jpg
    20220128_161442.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 20220128_143328.jpg
    20220128_143328.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Getting there buddy ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜ I donโ€™t envy you with the taping lol itโ€™s not my favourite job ๐Ÿ‘Ž but has to be done, doesnโ€™t look that messy for what youโ€™re doing, seen some states in my time including my own mess ๐Ÿ˜‚ spot on bill๐Ÿ˜

Iโ€™m filling the sparks holes , oh matron ๐Ÿ˜‚ first full
image.jpg

Touched up in the bedroom and ready for its last coat
image.jpg

Finished the other two rooms๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Keep up the good work bill, like seeing the same struggles that Iโ€™m having ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Christ he did go to town on the ceilings mate :(......typical sparky......make a mess and then "Foxxtrot Oscar":rofl:................tin hats available at the door:whistle::D

You need to shorten that flex Mark ๐Ÿค”.......otherwise you will be burning your arse on the bulb when you lay on the bed:sneaky::rofl:.........I see the Sparky has tried:whistle:

Shower is lovely mate :thumbsup:

looking good from the pictures buddy......nearly there :):thumbsup:

Last edited:
Iโ€™ve locked the sparky in the attic, he can get oot when I think his promises are sincere ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Back