• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Home Decorating.

Not wishing to worry you but......next door has had a lot of replastering done. When Shaun came to do the painting the plaster came off on the roller! Make sure they bond it well.

Not wishing to worry you but......next door has had a lot of replastering done. When Shaun came to do the painting the plaster came off on the roller! Make sure they bond it well.

Wow that’s terrible, really should contact the plasterer and complain 👎👎

Best and most efficient way to solve that situation now...... is to have the ceiling overboard and then skimmed.
Don't accept anything less!!

@Baytree

What a coincidence mate.....that's what I am doing here for us :D.....not tiling the media wall though......did think about it mind you.
Fingers crossed they have removed the T.V for you......if you get the time.....would love to see some pictures :thumbsup:
CDDAF114-A7EC-4F86-9C29-18452DF71C56.jpeg

here’s the media unit in all but finished condition. unfortunately the job has been put on hold due to damp issues elsewhere.

Hi Baytree.

That is looking very nice mate.....lot of time and work gone into that :thumbsup:
I am doing something similar......but not as intricate as yours :)

Nice job.....thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Correct about the time. The tiling was practically an after thought and if I'd known the size of tiles I could perhaps have set it out to work better with them. The tiles were also textured which meant all the cuts had to be done with a wet grinder. The customer has now fitted led lights to the vertical openings. For reference the tv is 75inch.
Just on the right of the picture you can just see another tiled section. That was a studded wall into which a fish tank had previously been added. Two openings were created each side of the tank to make the two rooms into one with a sort of pillar with a tank in it if that makes sense. That too had to be tiled but luckily there was less cutting involved.

Correct about the time. The tiling was practically an after thought and if I'd known the size of tiles I could perhaps have set it out to work better with them. The tiles were also textured which meant all the cuts had to be done with a wet grinder. The customer has now fitted led lights to the vertical openings. For reference the tv is 75inch.
Just on the right of the picture you can just see another tiled section. That was a studded wall into which a fish tank had previously been added. Two openings were created each side of the tank to make the two rooms into one with a sort of pillar with a tank in it if that makes sense. That too had to be tiled but luckily there was less cutting involved.
Your customer isn’t a Bond villain is he? All that’s missing is a white cat sitting in a swivel chair with switches on the armrest and a great big mosaic map of the world on the floor.
Does the fish tank have any piranhas in it?

No not as far as I know , but then if he was a really successful villain he probably would be telling everyone. Disappointingly it's just goldfish in the tank and it'd be something of a struggle to drop a secret agent into it...

I've just read what I wrote and realised I meant to write that "he wouldn't be telling everyone" but thinking about it if he was a Bond villain he probably would be telling everyone. Evil villains and secret agents are only unknown in the real world , in Bond world we know what they drink and goodness knows what else...

Went off and collected the new fire for the house yesterday and got it fitted last night with the help of my "Number 1 Son".....heavy bit of kit 🥴
Had a play with organising the fire bed....logs....crystals bark etc......still need to tweak it a bit.......but looks O.K. for now.
Next job will be forming the stud work for the false chimney breast above it to the ceiling......then make that look pretty with some reinforced tape on the corners and tape and scrim the joints......finish and paint.

The pictures don't really do it justice.

Attachments

• 20220309_070409.jpg
    20220309_070409.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 20220308_210616.jpg
    20220308_210616.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 35
Cheers Mark......we are happy with it :)

Still need to make and cut some trim to finish off the bottom and around the end panels of the fire.
Once there it will never move again :rofl:

Any repairs and maintenance can be done by removing the glass.....front and sides....everything accessible then to work on if needs be.....hopefully not!!:rofl:

We are getting there now but it has been a long haul.....worth it though......just sit back and enjoy it soon :)

Camp bed and sleeping bag fit nicely beneath it too 🤭🤭😍

Absolutely Bill the only bother was doing across the front of a diagonal beam which involved working out some angles. All painted up and chock full of Louise’s clothes.🙄
Non of the high tech gubbins that goes into most peoples houses these days, just simple country cottage furniture and a vintage Laura Ashley wallpaper on the chimney breast…everything simple and on a budget.

Last edited:
In keeping with the property and current theme.......Nice approach.....as you say mate a lot of the high tech gubbins would be so out of place in certain surroundings.

What I would give for a couple of arm chairs around an open fire .....complete with a hearth rug 🙂

Back