• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Home sweet home

Gulfalan67

Very Addicted
This morning I went into town early to get some angle brackets for my current build project.

My wife took The Boy for the morning patrol while I went into town, trying to sneak there and back before the afternoon storms

Tried to take a couple of snaps of our camp while inbound -but im crap at taking pics. I actually dropped my phone onto the floor of the cabin and was fishing around under my seat for it. Got lots of pics of my fat feet!

But home by midday after a dawn start and enjoying a cuppa and a slice of toast.

Back on the job with my brackets this arvo.

Alan

20211206_113624.jpg

Hi Al.

Nice picture mate.....awesome open space!

You are certainly not short of firewood for the cabin :)...........how far away is your nearest supply store?

Willi
Hi Al.

Nice picture mate.....awesome open space!

You are certainly not short of firewood for the cabin :)...........how far away is your nearest supply store?

Morning Bill

I rarely take snaps in the air. My clever wife can multi task. Fly and snap. But not me!

Yesterday morning leaving just after dawn and doing my Baghdad corkscrew up to 2500ft I glanced back and the sun was in a perfect position and the landscape looked amazing with the cliffs and ravines highlighted with shadows and our house looked really picturesque.

I thought, shall I throw one more loop and go digging for my phone/ camera? Nah....

Five hours later, on return, I was mindful to get my camera out. But the sun was high and everything was washed out. I didn't even open the cabin window so there are reflections from the perspex. Then I dropped the phone under my seat...šŸ¤£

Probably shouldn't have posted such a lousy snap. Some of you blokes set a disgracefully high standard of photography on this forum!

We are about 45km to the nearest settlement (pop 250) which has a servo ( gas station) and a tiny general store. You can get milk and stale white bread there, not much else. We get groceries and supplies (like my trip yesterday) from the city of Darwin about 170km to the north.

Its about 2.5 hours drive each way or an hour hop ( bit longer with pre flight checks, parking up and any air traffic delays)

Alan

Last edited:
I remember my own first solo flight :rolleyes:

Got into some heavy turbulence and was having trouble holding position.
Being a newbie I gave the control tower a call for advice and reassurance.

Can you help us out and give us your position and heading please?.....they asked.

Yes I said.......I am upside down with shit running out of my collar šŸ¤­

Back