• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

homebrew "Red Diesel"

Xylaria

Slightly Addicted
Turbo diesel
5 jars of tescos finest mega cheap mixed fruit jar at 29p a jar
pectolitic enzyme
high speed yeast
1 gallon of water.

no need for added sugar, but extra stuff like rose petels or elder flowers might be nice. Ready in about two weeks.

Taste like jacques fruit cider, but sweeter and stronger.

Turbo diesel
5 jars of tescos finest mega cheap mixed fruit jar at 29p a jar
pectolitic enzyme
high speed yeast
1 gallon of water.

no need for added sugar, but extra stuff like rose petels or elder flowers might be nice. Ready in about two weeks.

Taste like jacques fruit cider, but sweeter and stronger.

How much per bottle Fi? if I can get ratted on a bottle gotta be worth a few quid ;)
can get dried elderflowers and rose petals, Jelf's in town sell them

I don't drink much but do like Jacques fruit cider. seems easy enough to make but pointless me making any as would never drink it all.

How much per bottle Fi? if I can get ratted on a bottle gotta be worth a few quid ;)
can get dried elderflowers and rose petals, Jelf's in town sell them

Plenty of fresh rose petals and elderflowers about Jono. :)

Cheers Fi, might have to try that. :) Thought i was gonna get cheap/free fuel when i red the title lol :)

It is @£1.60 per gallon.
When i first came across it I thought it wouldn't work. It tastes good and it is good for light drinkers, but i am bit worried that it makes too much methanol.

Pectin + pectolytic enzyme = methyl ester + galactalose -> fermentation-> methanol

methanol = banging hangover at best, higher cancer rate, blindness etc.

It shouldn't be making enough methanol to send anyone blind, but distilled it would. The methanol problem is why the better stronger ciders are cloudy. If you can see pectin it hasn't been broken down, it is problably why the wifebeater ciders like white lightening can give such a bad head the next day. They also add asparteme with is broken down in the body to produce simerlar biproducts to methanol.

However it is a simple way of making pretty tasty cheap booze. It also provides a few cratefuls of reusable jars for homemade pickles and jams. The next batch will have less jam and no enzyme and what wild food goodies are about. I was tempted to add elderflower to this lot. I certainly have plenty of rose petals.

I just make pure apple cider, by adding a high percentage of dessert apples I can increase strength and sweetness naturally. Cost per gallon £0.00, but a lot of hard work to press enough apples to make a worthwhile amount.

I just make pure apple cider, by adding a high percentage of dessert apples I can increase strength and sweetness naturally. Cost per gallon £0.00, but a lot of hard work to press enough apples to make a worthwhile amount.

We've made cider in the past, still got some from about 4 years ago, we've got the free apples and the press, its just a pity I don't drink the filthy stuff. :lol:

I don't drink, but I do make a worthwhile beverage for drinking just before I go to bed.
4 tablespoons of Brewers Yeast, and a large tin of Kiwi Boot Polish melted in a saucepan. Drink while still warm and before it sets.

Tastes bloody awful but it makes me rise and shine in the morning.......:lol:

I don't drink, but I do make a worthwhile beverage for drinking just before I go to bed.
4 tablespoons of Brewers Yeast, and a large tin of Kiwi Boot Polish melted in a saucepan. Drink while still warm and before it sets.

Tastes bloody awful but it makes me rise and shine in the morning.......:lol:
:fedup:

Got very drunk last year on home brew whiskey 🥳 that drunk I don’t remember being taken to bed🤔😂 won’t be drinking it again 🙄

Last year i juiced a load of apples off our trees. I used the remaining pulp to make wine and decided to store the juice. I pasteurised the juice in kilner jars and put it on the shelf. Or at least i thought i had pasteurised it because a little while later my wife said the apple juice is frothing up and forcing it's way out of the jars. It had started to ferment so i poured it into a demijohn and let it do it's thing. Still not gone to waste...

I think Brits have a lot to learn about real potent Home Brewing. Some time ago 4 Lithuanians living near my Sister blew themselves up while Home Brewing in a farm shed. It's believed they were making Vodka but not certain, as the Lithuanians and the shed were spread over several fields....:lol:

I think Brits have a lot to learn about real potent Home Brewing. Some time ago 4 Lithuanians living near my Sister blew themselves up while Home Brewing in a farm shed. It's believed they were making Vodka but not certain, as the Lithuanians and the shed were spread over several fields....:lol:
Mad buggers, every last one... :rofl:

Back