• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Hot tent stoves

guys we seem to have gotten way off topic :eek:.... im asking for recommendations for stoves suitable for use as a tent heater ..wood burning or gas ..thanks 👍
I remember awhile ago a gas powered ceramic portable heater being well recommended, but I use sometimes in a bell tent a cheap gas fired heater, which has proved very effective in some autumn canoe trips for my other half. It quickly warmed the tent in the evenings.
At the other extreme, I know of some who construct a small wood burner for the polish lavvu for cooking and heating.
Obviously the smaller the tent and the thicker the material, the easier to warm.....

Yes, that was one reason. I wanted to know the size. But wanted to know the ventilation system too.

30 years ago I slept in Tyrol in really cold conditions in a gas heated nearly totally closed plastic 6 persons pyramide tent, and somehow I survived it.

But I can't remember what they did exactly. It was warm and nice inside, but outside perhaps - 15*C during the night.

I have no idea, how they ventilated it.
I simply forgot it.

Back