• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Hot tent

Nice looking tipi, what is the flu jack in the photo made from?

original flue jack which was on the tent was crap so a few quick cuts with the knife removed it and i got my mother (shes got a mental sowing machine ) to stitch on a couple silicone mat,s which i then cut a 50 mil hole through for the stove flue to pass through ...

heres the mats i used UOON Silicone Baking Mat Sheet Set/Tray Liner Sheet Set (2) Half Sheets 16.5" x 11" - Reusable Professional Grade Quality, Nontoxic & FDA Approved Silicone Cooking Mats - Non Stick Cookie: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

1 stitched inside and the other on the out side sandwiching the tent ... will get some pictures when i use it next (when we are not locked in )

I had one made out of an old heat proof asbestos soldering mat but I don't know if you can even still buy them these days. It was sold along with an old scouting canvas ridge tent....I still regret it even though the whole set up weighed an absolute ton.

Ordered my self a new "hot" tent :)... coming from America :eek:...

so was expecting a few weeks wait for delivery ... then today i get a message telling me the tent will be delivered tomorrow :thumbsup:

so it looks like i may get to "play" with it at the weekend weather permitting ...

Did you.......................?
Have you....................?

That looked better than the onetigris smokey hut???????????????? I bought

Well Matt your close enough to shoot off home and give it a test during the meet

the tent has already been tested and worked perfectly ... i think its posted up on a different thread i,ll try and find the pictures and tag you in them ok

Back