• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Keith

Very Addicted
How do you carry your blades?
It is important that all your equipment rides comfortably, including your arms. Your blades need to be secure on your person, & they need to be readily accessible using only one hand. Also you need to be able to sit down comfortably without putting any stress on blade carriers/sheaths.
Keith.
KH_1700_clothes_article_1_jpg2_KNIFE.jpg
My hunting knife is secured under my belt at my front, easily accessible with either hand.

Legging_Knife_1_JPG_KNIFE.jpg

My legging knife is easily accessible at all times, even should I be grappling with an attacker.

EQUIPMENT_2.jpg
My belt axe/tomahawk helve can be seen here sticking out from under my knapsack, where it is secured under my belt & easily accessible to my left hand.

It is important that you use your equipment in the field, get used to carrying & using it. If you should ever have to "bug-out", that is NOT the time to find that your gear does not carry well & that your arms are not readily accessible.

When in the field I carry a MKII Khukri on my left side and a Helle fjellkniven on my right suspended from a wide leather belt, which also has a tassel for cleaning arrows and a side quiver.

I just love your leggings Keith!!:lol:

Actually , I do too - very practical for walking through rough bracken and brambles and keeping the dew off - lets have some more details please Keith - self made?

Actually , I do too - very practical for walking through rough bracken and brambles and keeping the dew off - lets have some more details please Keith - self made?
Yes self made Prime. I make as much of my own gear as I can. These are based on woodland Indian side seam leggings.

So are these just held up by the webbing band around the Knees that are visible?

So are these just held up by the webbing band around the Knees that are visible?
No Prime, there is a leather tie or thong tied to the top of the legging which is then secured to the waist/equipment belt. If I am wearing a breechclout, then I have a leather tie/thong around my waist to secure the breechclout & the leggings are secured to this.
Keith.

Back