• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

How do you test

Mr Caretaker I never said I use blunt knives. I don't particularly like razor sharp knives as I consider it overkill is what I said. As we're on a bushcraft forum I mistakenly believed we were talking about hunting knives not butcher knives.

As I've also been a butcher (I reached the heady height of head sausage maker! :D ) and I too have witnessed some gory stuff - but, in my experience it's the silly idiots that don't learn simple self safety rules that come a cropper.

The most basic rule when using any sharp or pointed tool, instrument etc, is always, ALWAYS, cut away from you, especially when using extra force - in the case of the blunt knife for example that poor Richard killed himself with.

Richard died because he forgot or got careless not because his knife was blunt.

Or maybe I'm being slightly facetious?

Please feel free to virtually kick me up the bumski if you think I am, babykins. :D

Or maybe I'm being slightly facetious?

Please feel free to virtually kick me up the bumski if you think I am, babykins. :D

He's long gone now ;) you can say what you like he was a cocky man at the best of times but no one deserves to go our that way! :( with regards to the blunt knife comment i was just expanding on what can happen if you use blunt / not as sharp as they could be knives ;)

I use my thumb, ACROSS the blade not along it!

I do occasionally shave my arm with it but get told off by the missus for doing so:eek: but I never do the paper thing as there's isn't much that blunts a blade as quick as paper;)

Ian, I've no hair left on my arms and legs it all seems to be coming out my nose, ears and face!

Fortunately, my head also. :cool:

Absolutely ;)
Excellent!

The Caretaker is my pal. Can I move in with you and will you look after me?

I must warn you though, I'm a smelly, hairy old git and I parp a lot. I also need at least a half bottle of decent whisky daily otherwise I'll eat your dog/cat/kids/wife/legs if not properly sated.

Excellent!

The Caretaker is my pal. Can I move in with you and will you look after me?

I must warn you though, I'm a smelly, hairy old git and I parp a lot. I also need at least a half bottle of decent whisky daily otherwise I'll eat your dog/cat/kids/wife/legs if not properly sated.

SON! we wondered where you had gone!;)

I usually do the thumb nail test too Casey (hobohubz) ;)

Back