• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

How light is lightweight ?

Yes, it's easy to destroy another persons article instead of writing an own good article which is helpfull to other people.

The question isn't what I am able to carry, Harry, the question is, what we recommend to people who aren't able to carry what I can.

I am male, adult but relatively young, strong, 185cm tall and used to walk 20 km every day with luggage.

I often carried with my rucksack on top the rucksack of a younger or female person who wasn't able to carry the own rucksack any more.
Slowly I really get the impression, that you don't understand why I wrote this thread, sorry.

Perhaps you should read it once more from the beginning to the end.

The original post was about creating a lightweight back packing set up that met the recognised criteria for being lightweight . It was informatively answered at the time and I successfully compiled a lightweight selection . @erbwurst’s advice was comprehensive and well considered , it helped me a lot .

I also use surplus kit ( love it ) and stainless steel , I like variety and sometimes I’m not far from the car so weight is not as issue .

Horses for courses as they say 👍

Any good for wine?

I've been known to stash the odd bijou supply of wine in my bag, don't know if you lean to the raised pinky sophisticate end or the slavvering jakeball end (I favour the later 🍻) but boxes of wine pack well and steel/aluminium/plastic are your friend. ;)

One of the good things about a box is you can fold the cardboard outer down to the current size of the contents. It also doubles up as firelighter, multipurpose. :rolleyes:

I've been known to stash the odd bijou supply of wine in my bag, don't know if you lean to the raised pinky sophisticate end or the slavvering jakeball end (I favour the later 🍻) but boxes of wine pack well and steel/aluminium/plastic are your friend. ;)

One of the good things about a box is you can fold the cardboard outer down to the current size of the contents. It also doubles up as firelighter, multipurpose. :rolleyes:
Typical heathen :lol:

Before we get here totally OT, I set here a link to another thread about clothing I just recommended it that threat here.

The clothing I write about in the other thread isn't extremely light itself but relatively light and especially the complete clothing system is lightweight all together.

The pieces which usually stay at the man are tough and relatively heavy, the clothing that often are carried in the rucksack are relatively light.

It is no ultra light trekking clothing system, it is a long lasting bushcraft clothing system, tough enough for long journeys and use in the forest.

Back