• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

How many of you started life with one of these

Joecole

Very Obsessed
IMG_20160403_133552.jpg

How many of you remember these little traditional boy scout knives and how many of you still own one?

yes it was one of these "we are antique dealers" type stalls, cost me £6 if I remember correctly. not much when you note that the combat dagger I bought cost me £20.

I had one in the late 70's can't remember what happened to it, and only last year I hunted down one it took a while but I finally found one on a vintage knife website I'm very happy to have one again.

yes it was one of these "we are antique dealers" type stalls, cost me £6 if I remember correctly. not much when you note that the combat dagger I bought cost me £20.
£6 I guess that sour be about 3 times what I would have cost new about 60 years ago but in good condition still a bargain

I had one in the late 70's can't remember what happened to it, and only last year I hunted down one it took a while but I finally found one on a vintage knife website I'm very happy to have one again.
My thinking is that they did the job then so they'll do It today

Reactions: lol
£6 I guess that sour be about 3 times what I would have cost new about 60 years ago but in good condition still a bargain
yeah, cant remember what happened to my original one, I expect my mother got rid of it after I left home and got married(the first time that is!)

I have a few of them in different shapes. I like ones with real antler grips. I have recently sold a birch handled K J Ericsson knife that I've owned since I was a kid and bought another almost identical to it a week later.

Yes....in the says when everyone of a certain age wouldn't go out without either that, or a big pen knife (with a spike) and a (homemade) catapult...……………….

Had a couple myself . There's one kicking around the garden somewhere that has been seriously abused , used for weeding between slabs and the like and left outside.
I had one with the plastic horn type handle and I can remember replacing it with a wooden handle ( I suppose I thought it would look a bit more "classy" ) but goodness only knows where that went... . ,

I have a few of them in different shapes. I like ones with real antler grips. I have recently sold a birch handled K J Ericsson knife that I've owned since I was a kid and bought another almost identical to it a week later.

I've recently done the same with Good Companion tents!!!!

Back