• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

How Many Of You That Have A Bug Out Bag Carry Nail Scissors & An Eyewash Glass?

Keith

Very Addicted
Like the title says, how many of you carry nail scissors & an eyewash glass in your bug out bag?
Keith.
Medical_Kit_Update_002_REDUCED.jpg

I use my Swiss Army knife scissors for my nails and I carry eyewash in my vehicle and work first aid kits. Using a chainsaw a lot means it's necessary.
Interesting tip; if you get something in your eye, rub the OTHER eye (clean hands!) rubbing the other eye will stimulate both eyes to water.

I use my Swiss Army knife scissors for my nails and I carry eyewash in my vehicle and work first aid kits. Using a chainsaw a lot means it's necessary.
Interesting tip; if you get something in your eye, rub the OTHER eye (clean hands!) rubbing the other eye will stimulate both eyes to water.

Rub the other eye! Did not know that:thumbsup: (honestly)

After experiencing recently a VERY painful ingrown toe nail this is a pertinent post Keith.

Cutting one's nails is not something you do every day, so it is often not thought of when it comes to survival equipment. Same with the eyewash glass, eyewash from the chemist is good, but it won't last long term with continual use. Brushing your teeth is another, so carry a toothbrush with you. Toothbrushes can get pretty tatty with use, but a tatty toothbrush is still better than a chewed twig. Soap is important. I only carry one bar of laundry soap, but there are other methods of washing ones hands that I can use to make the soap last longer.
Keith.
Soap_bag_piece_of_broken_ivory_comb_REDUCED.jpg

hygiene is important right enough. I don’t do long trips so I really haven’t given it much thought until now.

Back