• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

HOW MUCH???!

lol

Extremely Addicted
....for a plastic front mudguard for a 2016 Bonneville......plastic........

£184!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheap !! Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster 2018...Front Fender...:rofl: or to ordinary Bikers a front mudguard.
Mudguard (prime paint finish) £254..90
Bracket £130..00
Reflectors (2) £ 10..66
Bolts (each) £ 2.17
Washers (each) £ 1.08

£ 398.81 and that's with only one bolt and one washer...to fettle yer fender..as the Harley men would say..:lol: :lol:

That's just obscene.................... :mad:

However, I stand chastised, and will order dozens then!:rofl:
It's no wonder that bikes are so easily written off....a waste.

It’s a weird thing with cars and bikes that a £10k bike is worth £12k in parts; when it’s five years old and dropped to £2-3k for the bike it’s still £5k in parts, it’s one of the drivers for bike thefts.

It is outright robbery, I agree. I suspect those plastic mudguards are made by the injection moulding process, something of which surprisingly I have experience. The cost of material and manufacturing process of multi items ( not limited runs) seems to have little relation to the price charged to the customer. Only the willingness of people to buy at that price appears to
control the Dealership's price setting.
Remember the Rover 2000 car? It's accelerator pedal was a long flat piece of plastic, pivoted on the car floor and attached at the top. I saw those and other car parts being made by the injection process, thousands of them. I recall being told that from the sack of plastic granules which were tipped into a hopper by the machine operator ( this was back in 1966) something like 250 pedals would be produced. The granules were about £8 per sack bought in bulk, the pedals sold in Caffyns the Rover Dealership at about £2.15 shillings each...

Reactions: lol
Back