• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

How Prepared?

Actually, he's my father's brother.
The nearest difibrillators to us are 5 and 6 miles away in different directions. After that l don't know where they are but, like LW they seem to be everywhere. The last first aid course l went on we used them on the dummy and they (the defibrillators) told us what to do. l've never used one in real life although have done CPR in the past.

"resuscitator Annie" I know her well!!!:lol:
I was registered first aider on the building sites and my employer paid for me to take the first aid course.

One thing I would advise for anyone who is CPR trained is, get a disposable CPR face mask and keep it in your purse/wallet. You can also buy suturing kits, sterile disposables and even defibrillators online.
If we were left in a situation where there was no paramedics, CPR would be practically useless without a defibrillator.

Like others here have said, a first aid course is something all adults should do.

Do you know how to suture? when to suture? If a defib worked do you have the skills and supplies needed for aftercare? Do you have the knowledge to provide aftercare?

That said, everyone should do a good first aid course.

Do you know how to suture? when to suture? If a defib worked do you have the skills and supplies needed for aftercare? Do you have the knowledge to provide aftercare?

That said, everyone should do a good first aid course.

An advantage of having the kit is that its available for someone else to use on YOU if its needed; dont know if its still done but when I spent four months in India and Nepal we carried a sterile suture kit and sealed sterile hyperdemic needles so that if WE required them they were available rather than using the ones the local vet last used on a Cow, which being sacred would be before us in the queue!

when ever I'm working with groups of adults or kids I have a CPR face shield plus surgical gloves kept in the little yellow tubs that come inside kinder eggs in my pocket.

when ever I'm working with groups of adults or kids I have a CPR face shield plus surgical gloves kept in the little yellow tubs that come inside kinder eggs in my pocket.

Forgot to add that I've also the. Got a very comprehensive FAK which I have trained how to use, though both military and civilian courses.

I have just been told some lowlife has started stealing difibrillators!! I wonder why? probably no reason just because he can. some people!!!

Back