• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register
My thoughts are that anyone who puts a shotgun up against a rifle, any rifle is going to have to get in close and move fast. Both rimfires and FAC shotguns are available in semi-auto and are both more likely to wound then kill outright. Best option is to avoid fighting.

Hmmm , I guess the question is at what range??? Shotguns are simply devastating weapons ( if used as such ) at close to medium range but obviously the question is what are you loading it with? If its Buckshot or Slug it most definitely will mess you up in no short order - with a slug in my Shotgun I can be ' man sized accurate ' at a reasonable distance. Obviously not as accurate or capable of distance as a rifle but still a contender.

Whilst we are talking of Shotties I've mused about getting a Box Fed magazine type for my 3 Gun activities such as the Typhoon 12
http://www.teamf12.co.uk/

After much musing I've discounted Mag fed shotties for defence applications as you cant Top the tube up on the go , you have to carry a big heavy second mag , and its unwieldy.

Better off I think with a standard Pump.

Any firearm plus the element of surprise may give you the opportunity to “trade up”......

Very true.

I think the film " 100 Mornings " demonstrate the influential power of Firearms ( even the lowly side by side ) wonderfully

Back