• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

HydraPak Seeker™ 2 L

Hi, Neil..................TART here :D:notlistening:

Looks like a well made and strong bit of kit mate:thumbsup:

Not convinced regarding the carry loops if I'm honest........I reckon they could soon wear out.
The neck of the bottle is very narrow so could be a faff to fill from a stream/lake or puddle.
Its a water container.....Hot water bottle.....thats about it.

Have you thought about one of these as a possible option?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Klean-Kan...hash=item237ea120b9:m:mbHgYDH4akkFErv61AxrIMA

Read the item description:thumbsup:

Got two of these and can recommend them.
No worries about punctures.....you can boil water in them on the fire if you need too.....very easy to fill.......does not retain flavours......fill it with boiling water put it inside a woolen sock and use it as a hot-water bottle.
Also if your water should freeze in the bottle....you can stick it in the fire (Lid Off) and get a brew on.....easy to clean.

A bit more of an investment :(.....but will last a life time.

I like they way they have put the water filter next door to it.......clever bit of marketing:rofl:
Would not entertain that one at all.:(
Good for a 1000 ltrs of water.....if I am reading it right?

The Sawyer Mini is by far a better option....filtering down to 0.1 Microns and good for 100.000 GALLONS :thumbsup:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sawyer-SP...310588&hash=item3aab3c5c6d:g:e5EAAOSwgkRVS17c

Again.....can recommend these if you were thinking along those lines too?

Just my two penneth buddy......we dont all think the same way as far as kit is concerned.....your choice at the end of the day mate:thumbsup:

Last edited:
They look ok, for a light weight water storage bag/carrier.

The Camelbak type bladders do the same job, with the benefit of having a drinking tube on them.

Water filtration and storage:rolleyes:............us men drink straight from Mother Earths tit non filtered free running stuff ..FRESH! :rofl:

The problem with drinking straight is that you get into a habit and you tend not to think of sterilizing when you should; better the hassle when not needed than go down with the runs or worse because of 'habit'. Do not forget that someone brought up on a natural water supply will have developed an immunity, which you won't have!

Back