• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

I got a bit bored so I polished up some Opinel

Ystranc

Administrator
Staff member
I had a couple of Opinel knocking about in a drawer so I thought I'd give them a bit of a clean up. Re finished and sharpened with 1200 grit paper, a bit of detailing along the back edge and a polish. They're scary sharp and much prettier than before.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I had a couple of Opinel knocking about in a drawer so I thought I'd give them a bit of a clean up. Re finished and sharpened with 1200 grit paper, a bit of detailing along the back edge and a polish. They're scary sharp and much prettier than before.View attachment 20127View attachment 20128
Nice job Mike, I have problems with my little No 6, it's been sharpend so many times over the years that there's not enough blade standing proud to easily open up the blade so a bit of handle re profiling is the order of the day

That work on the spine is really nice, just a little addition like that makes all the difference to looks.. However, I fear that your standing amongst some of the real Bush Crafters on some forums may have taken a knock, those knives look rather..err...Yuck...used?.....:lol:

Very used, they're actually really old ones that I've had to cut the safety notch into for myself because they predate that innovation. For their age they're pretty good, it's just that the photos are poor. The little one has a re shaped grip as well.

Last edited:
Back