• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

I have a new toy, a BSA 240 Magnum air pistol

Ystranc

Administrator
Staff member
Since it's over 30 years since I've used one I'll need to get some practice in. This is not a weapon by any means, it's only a .177cal designed solely for target shooting but I'm having lots of fun with it.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks good,I only just stopped myself buying a blowback pistol the other night, I imagine there good fun for targets and dispatching rats.

What about crows? Will it dispatch crows? I leave the rats for the cats, who by the way are out hunting now the snow has gone.

A Larson trap is your friend in a situation like that, you catch the first magpie with an egg as bait then that magpie becomes the bait/decoy. Crows and magpies are actually quite tough and difficult to kill. if you want to shoot them you'd be best to get shotgun certificate for a 12 bore. I tend to leave them alone.

Second that they are difficult to kill. It’s possible with a 12lb .22 air rifle. Like a pigeon shoot it under the wing (armpit) or head shot. However I would not suggest anyone do this unless they are a skilled shot. The art is to kill not wound. All animals deserve respect imo even pests :D

That's exactly what I'm using it for Harry. I'm really out of practice but I've been challenged to a 5yrd, 10yrd, 15yrd target comp. I haven't a hope in hell of beating those guys that are using modern CO2 or pre charged but I'm having fun and that's all that matters.

Well that's a big no then :(and you can add magpies to the list to be dispatched, they are stealing my eggs!

A couple of years ago we lost every single nest of songbirds in the garden to Magpies.:( the only nests that fledge now are the ones in the nestboxes.

Back