• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

I have made a start

Woodlander

Very Addicted
Evening all.
I have been busy the past couple of evenings and have sent approx 200 emails to retailers and manufacturers of outdoor gear, asking for products for us to test and review. It's just a waiting game now folks.

The problem your facing is the size, traffic and active membership of this site. Retailers and manufacturers will look at the site and see how small it is...sad to say you will not get much in the way of freebies. Even very big and active sites like BCUK don't get a lot of stuff passed their way. One or two individuals there have been reviewing kit for years but even they don't get a lot.

Good luck.

The problem your facing is the size, traffic and active membership of this site. Retailers and manufacturers will look at the site and see how small it is...sad to say you will not get much in the way of freebies. Even very big and active sites like BCUK don't get a lot of stuff passed their way. One or two individuals there have been reviewing kit for years but even they don't get a lot.

Good luck.
you dont know how wrong you are my friend the items have started coming in :)

Good luck.

The whole idea behind this Harry is to auction off the item or items to forum members once they have been reviewed

The money then goes into the forum coffers in order to help pay for the servers & such like

Those members who kindly donate to the forum are basically keeping it alive đź‘Ť

Without their generosity there would be no forum ! :(

Good luck.
Although what you have said is very true, I can but try ;) also I personally know two of the reviewers on the aforementioned site. They get stuff donated, talk it down, barely ever a neutral or positive review. Then keep the gear and flog it on at meets and markets pocketing the cash for themselves, a pair of freeloaders they are. That's the reason they get hardly any stuff. This attempt is for our benefit and in turn benefiting those that donate the gear, or at least that's the plan

Back