• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

I spy...

fwiw i used to carry a 3 inch magnifying lens around when i was a kid growing up in Northern British Columbia. on my summer bush walks i could usually start a fire with the thing in about 15 seconds, and i had wood burn decorations on almost everything i carried. mind you the elevation was about 3000 feet so i reckon the sun was probably fairly strong, perhaps also the cause of the countless sunburns i got. humidity was bugger all too so that probably helped. pine and spruce forests if anyone is asking.

anyway, in a moment of misguided research i once decided to test the thing on the back of my arm. i can confirm that yes indeed, there was plenty of heat in that little pencil dot of light. that took a while to heal. :D

Last edited:
Shukraan Li .......
arab-wearing-a-keffiyeh-smiley-emoticon.png
Ahmed, the dead terrorist :

Back