• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Identification please

Ark79

Site Manager
Staff member
I’m rather reluctant to rip this plant/weed out from my stones 😁as it’s managed to grow through weed killer and weed barrier along with 50mm of type1 and 45mm of blue slate 😂 it’s a tough little bugger and I think it deserves to grow lol …. But what is it ???????
6987CF0E-4E16-4271-B146-FB07F1286A68.jpeg
503FEDFE-82B7-4540-A662-FEB4BE2E896B.jpeg

Better guess than mine bill👍🏻
Just had a look over the fence, looks like his tomato plants but the leaves look slightly different

It's Martian Strangulatus...An invasive plant carried by seeds in the soil attached to Alien Craft which have landed on Earth.
Apparently it is indestructible and creeps into dwellings at night in search of Humans...hence it's formal name..Strangulatus
:eek:

Best guess is that it is a tomato that has germinated in the gravel and slate rather than come up through weed membrane. Two questions, Is it near a place where someone may have dropped tomato pips and what does it smell like when you bruise the leaves...Tomatoes germinate easily and the leaves smell strongly when crushed. It is probably a commercial variety different to your neighbours so won't look the same. You may as well pull it out because it won't make it past the first frost.

Best guess is that it is a tomato that has germinated in the gravel and slate rather than come up through weed membrane. Two questions, Is it near a place where someone may have dropped tomato pips and what does it smell like when you bruise the leaves...Tomatoes germinate easily and the leaves smell strongly when crushed. It is probably a commercial variety different to your neighbours so won't look the same. You may as well pull it out because it won't make it past the first frost.

I agree with you Mike.....I tend pull mine out as well..... if things start to get a bit frosty 😏🤭

Here in Aussie rather than hand out plastic toys that end up in the Ocean choking turtles, our major supermarket (Woolies) started handing out seeds at checkout. My wife and I planted a batch of cherry tomatoes and they've been incredible, we've harvested Kilograms and our plants stand nearly 3m high.

Best giveaway we've ever received....

Alan

Back