• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Identification please

Joecole

Very Obsessed
This shrub appeared in mother in laws Garden about 2 years ago

Attachments

• 20220817_095112.jpg
    20220817_095112.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 63

If it had yellow flowers before the fruits turned black/purple then mr google says it’s Hypericum androsaemum

If it had yellow flowers before the fruits turned black/purple then mr google says it’s Hypericum androsaemum

I've got loads of hypericum Mark, unfortunately I never saw the flowers on this shrub

@Joecole
Cornus Sanguinea - common dogwood
Really hard timber, it's full of latex, and makes it very durable. I use it for tent pegs and toggles.

Attachments

• dogwood-cornus-sanguinea-close-up-of-the-black-speckled-fruit-or-berries-of-the-plant-2DCD1TW.jpg
    dogwood-cornus-sanguinea-close-up-of-the-black-speckled-fruit-or-berries-of-the-plant-2DCD1TW.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 56
I think your probably right so thanks
Your welcome Joe, I don't know much, but I'm pretty hot on plants and trees. If you gently rip a leaf apart horizontally, your should see very faint strings of latex coming from the veins. If so then it's definitely common dogwood

Your welcome Joe, I don't know much, but I'm pretty hot on plants and trees. If you gently rip a leaf apart horizontally, your should see very faint strings of latex coming from the veins. If so then it's definitely common dogwood
I'll have a look tomorrow when I'm round there, its a strange garden because that one was never planted by anyone here and I have hypericum springing up like weeds

I'll have a look tomorrow when I'm round there, its a strange garden because that one was never planted by anyone here and I have hypericum springing up like weeds
It's likely due to birds, they eat the berries and then nature takes its course. Or they've been carrying a berry and dropped it

Back