• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Identification?

Madriverrob

Extremely Addicted
I have this shelter in the garage and wondered if anyone can identify it’s origins , it’s cleary military issue , but is it UK or US ? You can see it’s called a “sheet shelter”.

It is 300cm x 300cm and has zips to all four sides . It will zip itself together or will attach to another shelter to double in size !

As you can see it makes a decent shelter option .

Anyone know where it is from and what it’s military application is ?

FDCD84CA-A699-46FF-BC15-D7EEBEF95E11.jpeg
DE84D21F-40D6-49A2-9BE2-8036F4A8E1C2.jpeg
E9FA2764-DA49-4FA8-AC73-4D81C0E9D4F1.jpeg
DA95EDD8-1F84-427F-B66A-F9C6E0475717.jpeg

I can tell you where it's from...…..
...my garage!!!:)....I wish

No sorry, no help, but it looks a bloody nice awning if it needs rehoming!;)
Even if it doesn't...it's still a bloody nice awning:thumbsup:

Like that :thumbsup:

Seen one very similar somewhere on the net.
But the one I saw was more half moon kind of shape and made of nylon and had a 12/18 inch wall at the bottom which would be very handy as far as getting tucked in right at the back of the shelter.
Like a Bell tent cut in half.
Offers good cover and a nice open aspect.......a fire in front would work very well and the heat reflected from the back walls of the shelter.
Easy and quick to put up and if the wind direction changes just move the shelter around the tree from its top pivot point.

Nice:thumbsup:

Omg that is bad because my family is convinced I'm a total Luddite. :lol: No one has ever accused me of being adept with a computer before today. :D:D:D
Admittedly it was hidden amongst a lot of other stuff but where I do perform above average is pattern recognition and sorting information, so that is my thing....(I'm also obsessive about untangling ropes chains and cables but that isn't necessarily a good thing)

Back