• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Identify please

Medwayman

Quite Addicted
About 12 of them in the bottom of a watering can, all have tails and are about the size of a big grain of rice.

they do not like being out of water

P1040011.JPG

About 12 of them in the bottom of a watering can, all have tails and are about the size of a big grain of rice.

they do not like being out of water

View attachment 34432
Definitely not mosquito larvae mate but almost certainly an insect larvae of some sort. Can you try to get a better photo

To change the subject completly just got back from the shops and came across a young Hedgehog does not look to healthy and hind legs look a bit odd, have put in a box with water and cat food might adopt if legs not good plenty of space in the garden for a little nest

To change the subject completly just got back from the shops and came across a young Hedgehog does not look to healthy and hind legs look a bit odd, have put in a box with water and cat food might adopt if legs not good plenty of space in the garden for a little nest

With a hot water bottle in the box and some fresh hay some, cat treats and some fruit, alas Henry the hedgehog passed peacefully in his sleep, I did check on him a few times and thought he would make it snoozing away nice and comfy, but he was the size of a pack of cards and I think the runt so I doubt would have made it anyway, RIP Henry

With a hot water bottle in the box and some fresh hay some, cat treats and some fruit, alas Henry the hedgehog passed peacefully in his sleep, I did check on him a few times and thought he would make it snoozing away nice and comfy, but he was the size of a pack of cards and I think the runt so I doubt would have made it anyway, RIP Henry
At least you tried..

Back