• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Images disappearing 🤔

johnbaz

Slightly Addicted
Hi all

I noticed recently that some images I posted aren't there just a small box and code in their place, Does anyone else get this or would it be my pc that's acting up?

I just refreshed a page and one pic reappeared but only for a few seconds and then went again!

Not sure if it's a forum bug or or maybe the win10 that my pc runs o_O

Cheers, John :)

Hi John :)

Best bet would be to send @Bryan a PM and explain the situation......he maintains the site....and will fix it...... if it is something to do with the site :thumbsup:

Hope you get it fixed soon :thumbsup:

It is likely that if some images were on the net it could be that they were actually accessed by links which are either broken or the image is no longer in existence (Such as links to eBay) If the image was an original and uploaded to the forum then my guess is that they’re still there somewhere.

I've had the same thing happen a couple of times and if I refresh the page the images appear momentarily then disappear again. It's not on every thread though.

7210D664-6D1A-4FA6-A14F-9326D52507F7.gif

If the images are no longer displaying that would indicate they were links to external images and not uploaded images, we have no control over external images and when they are removed, it breaks the posts here.

Always better to attach your images with the attach files button which uploads them to this site.

If the images are no longer displaying that would indicate they were links to external images and not uploaded images, we have no control over external images and when they are removed, it breaks the posts here.

Always better to attach your images with the attach files button which uploads them to this site.

It seems to be cured now but they were displaying then disappearing and leaving a little square symbol with .jpg and some following letters or numbers.

Hi Bryan

Theye were all uploaded from the imgur hosting site 🤔

John :thumbsup:

I just went in to the thread 'SHOW THEM OFF' in the Shooting forum and every single pic that I uploaded isn't showing for me, Maybe others can see them?

I just took a pic and uploaded it to imgur but it may not show! 😊😊

iBi3bPK.jpg

There's just a small icon for a pic and then some code, The pics used to show then a couple would go missing, It looks like they're all vanishing!

Teknolojy does my head in! 😂😂

John 😄

You need to upload the images using the attach files tab :thumbsup:

Did the last pic not show Matt as it's there for me to see!

I do use the attach files tab then click on the 'By URL' button then paste the URL from the host site, It's always worked before but recently the pics just were missing!- Not all of them to start with!

Also, When I first made the posts with images, They worked, I could see them and presume others could as usually people say that the pics aren't showing when something's wrong!🤔

John :thumbsup:

Back