• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Impulse buy 🤔

Ark79

Site Manager
Staff member
Just bought this the other day on pure impulse

Got it this afternoon and it’s on charge just now, will give it a go tomorrow and see what’s what, the description says it will charge my phone 3 times, more than enough for me if it lives up to it 👍🏻

Just bought this the other day on pure impulse

Got it this afternoon and it’s on charge just now, will give it a go tomorrow and see what’s what, the description says it will charge my phone 3 times, more than enough for me if it lives up to it 👍🏻
I have a similar one Mark but a word of advice, don't under any circumstances allow your phone to go completely flat. Those power banks are better used for keeping your phone topped up

I have one similar to that and a smaller one about an inch in diameter and 4 inches long that I carry in my bag when out on my mountain bike or working with kids (when I try to remain contactable for emergencies) so I know I’ve always got a charge.

I find on an IPhone that turning Wi-fi, Bluetooth and mobile broadband off, the battery lasts significantly longer as the phone isn’t constantly sending out digital handshakes looking for a signal but I can still be called or make a call if required.

when I broke my collarbone last year I was very glad of being able to recharge my phone whilst sitting on a farmers wall waiting for a lift to A&E, if only so I could receive abusive text messages off my friends telling me to man up!

I have one similar to that and a smaller one about an inch in diameter and 4 inches long that I carry in my bag when out on my mountain bike or working with kids (when I try to remain contactable for emergencies) so I know I’ve always got a charge.

I find on an IPhone that turning Wi-fi, Bluetooth and mobile broadband off, the battery lasts significantly longer as the phone isn’t constantly sending out digital handshakes looking for a signal but I can still be called or make a call if required.

when I broke my collarbone last year I was very glad of being able to recharge my phone whilst sitting on a farmers wall waiting for a lift to A&E, if only so I could receive abusive text messages off my friends telling me to man up!

top tip for the iPhone 38 , been doing that for some time now and it works noticeably well 👍🏻

I have had a low output power bank for a couple of years with a solar re-charge panel. Not particularly good in practice so following Mark's post I had a look at what's available now. Ended up buying one for £20 with a claimed 26800mah capacity. It's not a known make but it charged my phone from 30% in an hour and still showed 70% capacity. I will see how it goes.

IMG_20210710_100641.jpg
IMG_20210710_101214.jpg

IMG_20210710_101155.jpg

Am happy to say the power bank charged my phone in around 45 min , give or take 10 min as I wasn’t paying attention towards the end lol

My phone battery was completely empty on the First charged , and I’ve been periodically charging my phone on and of, around 4 top ups in total👍🏻👍🏻😁 definitely worth the money

next experiment will be charging one of the iPads

I will add that this is on the lower Side of things so if I was out for a few days to a week I would buy one with a bit more oomf

Back