• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Keith

Very Addicted
I think the most I ever paid for a knife from a second hand stall was $17.00 aust. The least I ever paid was $2.00 aust. These butcher knives are in my opinion one of the best knives you can buy, carbon steel blades, easy to sharpen on a whet stone, & they hold a good edge. These knives were the favourite of woodsmen & Woodland Indians back in the 18th century. They are good for skinning & butchering, & for defence.
20th century blades have riveted handles, 18th & 19th century blades are pinned with steel or iron pins, or they have a rat tail tang.

I've got quite a few lock knives, some smaller ones and a few larger ones, I bought these off a market trader for £1 or £2 at a time, this was at a time when they stopped people carrying anything "pointy" onto airplanes and confiscated them at the airport, these were sold onto the trader I bought them from.

I've got quite a few lock knives, some smaller ones and a few larger ones, I bought these off a market trader for £1 or £2 at a time, this was at a time when they stopped people carrying anything "pointy" onto airplanes and confiscated them at the airport, these were sold onto the trader I bought them from.
Makes a change, right place at the right time :) Well done.
Keith.

Very nice Keith
A really like the French hunting knife love the shape

Must admit a have a small problem with knifes...a like them lol

Started to make my own now a find it to be better than buying them it's to much money for a really good knife and a really enjoy making them
IMG_0484.JPG

IMG_1354.JPG

IMG_1485.JPG

First knife was made from an old file
Second was made from high carbon steal and the third one was made from an old lawnmower blade

All made with basic tools. My next one will be made from stainless steel am going for a camp/survival knife so a bit large than these ones

Must admit lone a like a bargain myself...nice one. Got these at the carboot for under a 5r
IMG_1193.JPG

Very nice Keith
A really like the French hunting knife love the shape

Must admit a have a small problem with knifes...a like them lol

Started to make my own now a find it to be better than buying them it's to much money for a really good knife and a really enjoy making them
First knife was made from an old file
Second was made from high carbon steal and the third one was made from an old lawnmower blade

All made with basic tools. My next one will be made from stainless steel am going for a camp/survival knife so a bit large than these ones

Well done Mark! Lovely looking work. I like the look of those blade designs, especially the top one.
Keith.

Back