• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Is 'Trussism' really delivering?

Gulfalan67

Very Addicted
Mornin all.

In my mornings I like to listen to the news while I prepare to go out.

I woke up today to hear of further discord in UK politics, argy-bargy and manhandling in the dividing lobby of the Palace of Westminster. Furthermore the Tory Chief whip is a woman and she'd apparently been laying into the blokes.... ( just imagine if those gender roles had been reversed?!) 😲

I had to chuckle at the descriptions of bedlam. All the shoving, shouting and grappling sounded just like the front yard of a Chinese consulate ...🤣

I gotta admit I may have been wrong to query the fiscal management of old mate Kwasi a few weeks back. He may have been just another pawn in the game of revolving doors that is today's UK government.

I'm starting to think the issues may go further up the hierarchy to the current set of ideologues in the Tory leadership..

My question to you Poms is, aside from sterling entertainment for weary bushmen on the other side of the planet, is this current Tory leadership is delivering anything you want or need?

Does anybody else suspect that Lizzie Truss might be slightly unhinged? I watched a clip of her debating in Parliament and she had a crazy look in her eye.... She looked a bit deranged to be honest.

Bring back Kwasi. All is forgiven... 🤣

Alan

Sadly no, it’s like watching a slow motion train crash. There is now a sort of unstoppable inevitably about the carnage within the Conservative and Unionist party. Liz Truss was already disliked by the moderate tories but now she has alienated the Eurosceptic hard right of the party as well as failing to deliver on promises to the electorate, MPs in her party and the party membership. She is running out of friends.
Traditionally the only way to survive this kind of unpopularity is to start a war somewhere.

Mike, the clip I saw of Lizzie had her parroting some famous words of old Thatchler, along the lines of 'The lady's not for turning'. Somehow she didn't carry it as compellingly as Maggie, and as mentioned above, there was a disturbing whiff of mania about her. Of course she must be under terrific strain, and since liquidating Kwasi and other colleagues around her there is really nobody with whom to share the blame.

Lets hope she flies her kites and sees which way the wind is blowing before she spooks the markets even further and costs you all your pensions...

Cant some Tory insider just pull the (metaphorical) trigger on her and put the UK out of its misery...?

Alan. M

In her opening statement she openly admitted they’ve naffed up the economy 🤐

👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻 Who’s next for the career smashing roll 🤦🏻‍♂️

Are the sneaky fat cats trying to stay in power with piggy backing of each resignation to thwart a general election 🤔 or I’m possibly allowing my conspiracy side of the brain think for me 😳

Is this even possible 🤔

It could be pulled forward, it was being called for in Westminster when lizard , oops liz said she wouldn’t resign…. It almost got pushed through when bozo refused. I have to wonder if there’s not tactical play at foot, however I could be convincing myself of this 😂

Got to be honest fellas, I have got to a point where I really don’t care anymore. 🤷

I have, after always voting, put my last “X” in a box, I ain’t bothering again.
The events of the past couple of weeks have only served to reinforce my belief that a government doesn't really run the country . All we've heard over those weeks are "the markets have reacted" , "the markets aren't happy" , the markets , the markets , the markets. If government policy doesn't fall in line with what the markets want then that's it gone. The real power lies with unelected financiers , hedge fund managers , stock brokers and the like and there's nothing we can do , short of full scale revolution , to change that...

Is the stay taxable 🤔

Like most things @Ark79 yes it is.

But........... they will throw you a "bring a bottle" party free of charge.
Good outdoor space for BBQs in a well kept walled garden.
The property has just undergone some extensive modifications and no money has been spared with regards to decoration and fixtures and fittings.
Very close to the city centre.......and has its own resident cat.

The balls of the man running again , It might be worth seeing what he’s got second time round🤷🏼‍♂️ Tho if he gets in again I might completely give up on politics and become a nun (apparently I can do that now if I identify as one 🤦🏻‍♂️)

Last edited:
The balls of the man running aging might be worth seeing what he’s got second time round🤷🏼‍♂️ Tho if he gets in again I might completely give up on politics and become a nun (apparently I can do that now if I identify as one 🤦🏻‍♂️)
I can just imagine you let loose in a convent of impressionable young ladies. The church probably wouldn’t survive the paternity suits.

Back