• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

It pays to look...

saxonaxe

Very Addicted
As someone who rides a Motorcycle and who knows that a high proportion of car/bike "accidents" occur at road junctions, I'm ultra cautious at junctions and always double check before pulling out.
Sitting at a junction this morning in the car having a good squint up the road, I see in the distance a bright flash....It's in the gutter amongst the leaves. Strange! I thought, there's no sunlight along there for a reflection. Pulled out and found somewhere to park and walked back...Result!

A LEZYNE KTV push bike light, flashing away in the leaf litter.Someone is going to be a very unhappy Bunny. I looked on the Lezne website (USA) and similar lights are going for between $85 and $95....Very posh kit...USB chargeable only, 5 different modes and powerful enough to see from Mars judging by the strobe effect.

Local Nick can't take in found property, so I left my details just in case the Loser asks there. Working class area, few people around here can afford to lose kit such as this light.

Last edited:
It'll be one of those lycra clad chaps on a four grand drop handlebar touring bicycle that are much in evidence on our dangerous winding Welsh roads at the moment. You'd probably have found the rest of him on the other side of a hedge or in a ditch if you'd looked a bit further.
After four weeks the light is yours if its still unclaimed.

I did wonder if there was a mangled bike close by but it was on the outskirts of Town, so no Ditch or Hedgerow to hide the remains. There's a heavy rubber band type attachment, so obviously not secured on the bike properly.

ah, the dangers of being one of the "great gear, still working on the skills" crowd.
not pointing any fingers mind you, i lost a brand new bushcraft knife in the first couple weeks of getting back into the woods. i didn't like the Kydex sheath and kept moving it about, trying to find a comfortable way to carry the thing. no problems with that once it was a goner. :D

Back