• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Its a long shot but is anyone here nerdier than me?

David Day

Slightly Addicted
Ok so ive posted this on a few places on line an im coming to my whits end so thought id try my luck here........

"Hi All, Ive recently purchased a PINNACLE DAZZLE DVC100/DVC 100 PLATINUM that I want to use to record Atari 2600 footage. Im unsure of what software to use as my current PC is a few years old and needing an upgrade but so im currently playing round with VLC. Im running the latest release of Ubuntu with all the current updates but VLC is not listing the Dazzle as an input device, could anyone assist in getting it setup or recommend a better software suit? Ive tried OBS but I dont think my PC will currently support it (its very old.....)
If it helps the PC Specs are:
Acer Aspire AX3810
CPU E5200
2GB DDR3
320GB HDD
X4500 Graphics"

I know....... a massive long shot but thats what off topic section were made for right?!

Last edited:
So the problem is that there are no linux drivers for the Dazzle thing? What about under WINE?

I'm familiar with Ubuntu but been a while since I used it. I think the last time was v12.
I'm guessing you're avoiding the Windows OS?

On the plus side I can maybe help with the hardware upgrade side of things as our company www.re-tek.co.uk is an IT refurbishment company and used IT is quite cheap. If you want to ping me a PM with your required specs I will see what I can find that would suit you. (I'm off work most of next week though)

I only know V1 and V2 but to write about it in a British forum would not be PC, what in my translation means "nicht politisch korrekt".

Ubuntu I unfortunately do not speak, because I never had been in Africa. But with French I could help and with German as well.

I guess in this case I can't really be helpful to you...

;0)

So the problem is that there are no linux drivers for the Dazzle thing? What about under WINE?

I'm familiar with Ubuntu but been a while since I used it. I think the last time was v12.
I'm guessing you're avoiding the Windows OS?

On the plus side I can maybe help with the hardware upgrade side of things as our company www.re-tek.co.uk is an IT refurbishment company and used IT is quite cheap. If you want to ping me a PM with your required specs I will see what I can find that would suit you. (I'm off work most of next week though)

I think its the hardware as opposed to the drivers, from what ive read OBS will identify the dazzle with little trouble in Ubuntu without the need for WINE.
I dropped you a cheeky PM @G1ZmO

23C66404-9810-4A73-9ABF-A1E38A532857.jpeg

Huge thanks to G1ZmO for sending ALL THE BUBBLEWRAP IN SCOTLAND!!!!!
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 45
Back