• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

It's dead...There's nothing here.

saxonaxe

Very Addicted
So said a youngster,14 ish, that I passed on a footpath today. I came to a point that overlooks this view, to find a man, woman and the young lad standing there looking seaward.
DSCF6287.jpg

This is not a criticism, everyone's tastes are different I know. If I attended an Electronics Exhibition where all the latest computers, cameras and gizmos were on display, I would find it mind numbingly boring, while fans swooned over the new kit.
I just found it slightly sad really and also amusing, partly because the three of them, I felt were missing out on something but also because while I stood clear of them (Being a good 2 metre abiding boy) I noticed they were practically standing on at least 4 different Wild Flowers. When they moved I knelt down and took a photograph only to look up and see the woman giving the scruffy old git kneeling down taking photos of the ground, a very strange look...:lol:
DSCF6288.jpg

On the map I've done 15 K over the last 2 days, 9 ish miles? Today started grey and damp but by mid morning it was dry and warm if a bit overcast. Quite humid though so I just took an Eastern Bloc shoulder bag/haversack, flask and poncho in case the weather turned.
I commented before that the Water Lillies had gone, and so they have in the Northern lake, but in the more sheltered South pond where there is not so much water movement, the Lillies are still like stars on the dark water.
DSCF6283.jpg

DSCF6282.jpg

DSCF6284.jpg

Recce'd a good Bivvi spot, far from the madding crowd. Need to take my Mozzie head net just in case perhaps, but certainly none about today
but on a warm evening close to the water they may get hungry.
DSCF6286.jpg

I found this Interesting. Close inspection shows the Ash tree has actually 'engulfed' the stone work as if it has grown literally through joints between the stones and then around the stone.
DSCF6289.jpg

DSCF6290.jpg

Final Tea stop. Rest day from walking tomorrow...good forecast, so out on the bike..:thumbsup:
DSCF6293.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF6287.jpg
    DSCF6287.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF6288.jpg
    DSCF6288.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF6283.jpg
    DSCF6283.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF6282.jpg
    DSCF6282.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCF6284.jpg
    DSCF6284.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF6286.jpg
    DSCF6286.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF6289.jpg
    DSCF6289.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF6290.jpg
    DSCF6290.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF6293.jpg
    DSCF6293.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 11
I wouldn’t mind setting up my bivvy there and fishing for a few days👍🏻 Nice write up again 👍🏻 And cracking photos 😁

They charge £10 per day, dawn to dusk. I'm not an angler but I'm told there are some big Pike in there, and it seems there's always something splashing and leaping around whenever I walk along the Lakeside.

Love the place. Some time since I have been there. Used to camp at Freshwater and go there and Stackpole Quay, Barafundle. Love the area. You are one lucky man!

Back