• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

It's taken me a while.........90 Arctic Surplus sleeping bag...they work!

Surely no one keeps a sleeping bag in a compression bag or a packet of crisps....even with paprika!o_O

No, if you compress the bag in the morning, to the sleeping bag happens the same, like to compressed potato chips.

It is more or less the same.

I'd not worry too much about broken fibre in these bags given the temperatures we have here in the UK. Cool wash and spin then just hang to dry, they are a fantastic value for money bag and given the damp UK they will out perform down bags on longer camps.

Lidl offers next days in Germany a green sleeping bag, 1750 g, so it should work until 0*C.

15 € here, so I guess it will be offered in britain for £ 10. Have a look at it!

Lidl offers next days in Germany a green sleeping bag, 1750 g, so it should work until 0*C.

15 € here, so I guess it will be offered in britain for £ 10. Have a look at it!

I’d doubt that for £10 that it would be comfortable down to 0 *C with any degree of comfort and the previous bags of there’s I’ve seen make an MOD sleeping bag look compact!

Last year, like the rest of the world years:thumbsup: before me it seems, I bought for £20....(now £35 approx.) a British Army 90 synthetic "arctic" sleeping bag, for more serious? nights out, but it was only last night that I got to use it in coldish wet weather with the lavvu.

Again like the rest of the world already knows....but in case someone doesn't......they work, and well. Cold, just above freezing, and raining... 3 cm £8 SIM, T shirt and knickers, warm as a warm thing warmly delivered by warm deliveries. Brilliant for the money......:thumbsup:

Not the lightest nor "compactest", but pulls down well enough in a compression sack, to make it perfectly back packable if that's your thing. With a bivvy perfectly good enough for sub zero temps., and still around at MM for £35. Pretty damn good I reckon :cool:....but warm too!

But y'all know thiso_O???

Last week, there was a frost at night, so at last a couple of degrees below freezing.....EVERYONE else camping, with duvets or bags, beds or levitation were ALL cold bar one. ME! :) in my bag as above. Snug and warm, no messing :thumbsup:.

…...gone and bought a second one...a version with the long zip.....a little easier to use? (Really good clean example!)
Its dated 1999, opposed to 1991 for my other short zip one. Is it lighter in weight??? Who knows, but my partner should she be cold...can live in one of them!!

Interestingly?? ...this newer bag with the long zip, is, I think, LESS roomy than the earlier bag. At 100kg and 44 inch chest, it is....snug? Less width/depth? Though the "large" is as before, long enough for my 6 foot 4inch carcass :sad:

Why am I wary?

I have no idea why you are wary my friend !

I have bought one so you don't have to ! :thumbsup:

I believe that you would not get a new one cheaper anywhere else. The supplier is a long established distributor of ex-army surplus ! :thumbsup:

I will let you know how I get on with it during the winter months ! :thumbsup:

Reactions: lol
The ad was very short on detail? So c'mon tell us about yours!!!

Short on detail ? :confused:

MEDIUM WEIGHT SLEEPING BAG
~ NEW ~
In original Package
Medium - Length approx 81 inches, Shoulder width 30 inches, Width 17 inches at foot
Large - Length approx 86 inches, Shoulder width 33 inches, Width 19 inches at foot
High-tech Multi-component Polyester Fibres Offering Low Volume & Ultrea-light Properties, Efficient High loft Insulation, Comfort, Compressibility and Washability
Microfiber Polyamide 6.6 High Tenacity Ripstop Fabrics
External Fabric is Waterproof & Windproof Through a Microporous Coating
The Soft Inside Layers Ease Breathability and Comfort
Low Volume, UV Protection, IR Protection
Zip Repair System Included - with emergency puller instructions
Flap Protection System
Zipper Pullers and Double Pullers
Inside useful Mesh Pockets
Temperature down to -32'c
Green in Colour - Colour May Be Slightly Different from Image

Genuine British Army Issue Item

Thank you for visiting our - British Military Surplus Superstore - We have the largest selection of Genuine British Military Kit in the WORLD.

Please Note We Use A Courier Service, As Your Purchase Is Trackable - No More Lost In The Post !!! - It Is A Bit More Expensive But We Want To Give You The Customer The Best Service Possible. For overseas postage please email your exact location for postage costs. Postage may be more to Highlands of Scotland and N/Ireland.

The Highlands of scotland includes these postcodes - IV, KW, PA, AB & PH - If you live in these areas postage may cost up to £14.00

N.Ireland will cost up to -£16.00

The channel Islands will cost up to - £32.00

The Isle of Man will cost up to £25.00

For other parts of the world please contact us for a direct quote.
We offer combined postage on all MULTIPLE purchases. Order on line in confidence but please DO NOT PAY but wait until we send you a revised p&p multiple purchase invoice. Thank you. As we use a courier company to deliver our items, a Signature is required upon delivery. If you know you will NOT be present at the address on the day of delivery - PLEASE CONTACT US and Provide Delivery Instructions - to Either LEAVE SAFE AT THE ADDRESS or SAFE WITH A NEIGHBOUR. Please Contact Us Directly - Do Not Leave a Message on the Order Details as it could be Missed.
Before you leave feedback please email if you have any problems and we will rectify them. Please Note, We shall do our absolute best to have your item delivered in the alotted time. If your item is late please contact us right away so we can investigate the delay and have your item delivered ASAP. Multiple orders may take longer.

Regions that will incur an extra postage charge are:

• Northern Ireland
  • Northern Scotland
  • Highlands of Scotland
  • Isle of Man
  • Isle of Wight
  • Channel Islands
  • Scottish Islands
Can't tell you anything else about it as I only just ordered it this morning. :)

As previously stated I will let you know how it performs when I have used it ! :thumbsup:

Ha! ha! tres jolie...yeah, I can read...………..just, still:)

One picture and all that...and it only had one picture. -32 degrees???? really? Medium weight? What does that mean? Don't get me wrong, it sounds great, If it is comparable to the Carinthia/90 bags....is it shown with a separate outer? Is it full length ventral zip as it seems in the only picture?

Should I regret just having bought the 2nd Arctic 90 bag as above????:confused:

The Carinthia Defence 4 seemes to be to large for normal persons. That is, because it is constructed as an over bag for the Tropen.
Snugpack SF is the better System!

Who said I was normal, Erbswurst?o_O

-well, Wildwood, how is it?????

Back