• Welcome to Life In The Wilderness

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

I've come to the conclusion that many American Preppers are lunatics

Brambling

Very Talkative
Yes. To the point I now don't use prepper sites at all.
Sadly, it's not just Americans. There are one or two prolific British nutjobs that spring to mind as well.

Ystranc

Pity really because we could be doing a lot to make people aware of the basics like first aid or water purification but instead it's all about guns, God and saving democracy from the Liberals....oh and more guns.

Ark79

Site Manager
Staff member
Exactly. Who’s right who’s wrong,need a weapon and a big bunker to store food and water. Oh and the most important thing to becoming a good prep is. “Forget to live and miss out on all that is right with the world” Oh you’ve done it now @Ystranc here comes sarcastic Ark :rofl:

Ark79

Site Manager
Staff member
What's wrong with having a bunker? :whistle:

Nowt lol the problem lays with allowing an idiot to have one full of guns. Oh and the vitals like 20 years of food and water :rolleyes: The sensible bugger who’s skint living next door or watching the preparation forms is taking notes. He’s coming after it :sneaky:

Ystranc

Lucky I haven't bothered building one here yet then 😆 Although my OH did rather jokingly give me the go ahead to build one after Trump got into the whitehouse. At that time she reasoned that the world really was going to hell in a handcart...

Ystranc

Realistically a bunker need only contain 6-8 weeks of supplies and a great big chemical loo.

Harry Palmer

Very Addicted
I like Frugal Squirrels forum, just get past the religion and guns and there is a wealth of good info on there.

Erbswurst

Very Addicted
20190414_113635.jpg

I got this nice old bunker for a good price and filled it with spaghetti, dehydrated tomato sauce, cigarettes and beer.

It is a bit dark inside, but I have 20000 candles, so that will last a few years.

The door is made from good old quality Kruppstahl, so if I close it I can sleep relatively calm.

In the little red house on the left I store toilet paper and plan to sell it very expensive when the crisis begins.

I totally agree, that only lunatics store tins in cave and attic. That seems very unprofessional to me. Guys who do this should pray as often as possible of course.

Last edited:

Erbswurst

Very Addicted
The old WW2 surplus stuff is always the best. But it's worth to watch out for old swiss bunkers too. They look really lovely, but they are expensive, because everybody wants to buy one.

I heard, old German bunkers in Norway are as good as unused, and because it's cold there, they work like a fridge.

I think, they have more german bunkers than inhabitants, so they should be relatively cheap. But it's really a very good quality!

I think everybody should buy one and fill it with spaghetti from the base till the roof.
Hidden in the rocks along the Norwegian coast line your spaghetti would be absolutely safe, especially in Lapland, because the Sami usually eat exclusively reindeer. But you could eat there till the end of your lifetime spaghetti frutti di mare.

And surely nobody would come along to disturb you. And if, than you just close the Kruppstahl door! They are really bomb proof!
Even if they knock at the door you won't hear it.