• Welcome to Life In The Wilderness

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

I've come to the conclusion that many American Preppers are lunatics

Joecole

Staff member
Wow! I've just had a very snotty (actually no, not snotty, infuriated would suit it better) email from LoneWolf (aka Big Paul aka Lamewolf) It appears he was very annoyed to find that he was being ridiculed and considers me to be a troll. Ah well never mind, my secret is out...although I consider myself less of a troll and rather more like an ogre in corduroy.
Personally I think it serves the old bugger right for stickybeaking about in a forum that no longer concerns him o_O
He seemed to be particularly incensed by the name Lame wolf. :whistle:
I actually think lame prairie dog is better suited

Lamewolf suits him. He's the only man I have ever come across who purports to be both happily married and begging to survive alone. I'd love to know where his dear long suffering wife comes into these Lonewolf plans. If you ask him, he ignores that particular question. I reckon she lets him have this fantasy to keep him out of her hair:rofl::rofl:
I have zero time for him. He both runs down this country at every opportunity and defends his yankee friends. I'm surprised he hasn't moved over there. Oh wait, he couldn't claim all his benefits and get free healthcare could he? Funny how the Lamewolf is so reliant on the powers that be eh?
@Ystranc, sorry you got the fallout chap.
Absolutely no problem about catching the fallout Brambling...I was wondering if I could appropriate it or would it be a breech of copyright?

Don’t You won’t come out the same man
I've just surfaced from a dive down to the forum's depths, I've had a skim of some threads I thought might be contentious. While not as salacious as I'd hoped, there's some 'interesting' stuff and 'Lame' (I do feel bad labelling him that never having interacted with him) seems to be basing stuff on his opinion which is fair enough I guess but not when you're pushing it as fact. I'll leave it at that in case he comes back to tell me I'm wrong. About everything. :crying:

I've just surfaced from a dive down to the forum's depths, I've had a skim of some threads I thought might be contentious. While not as salacious as I'd hoped, there's some 'interesting' stuff and 'Lame' (I do feel bad labelling him that never having interacted with him) seems to be basing stuff on his opinion which is fair enough I guess but not when you're pushing it as fact. I'll leave it at that in case he comes back to tell me I'm wrong. About everything. :crying:

A don’t know what it is about him but I just picture Andy and Lou from little Britain :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: Bam

Harry Palmer

Very Addicted
One of the friends I stayed with recently is on there winding up educating the yanks, like he said they always jump at the bait...he's a naughty lad lol

Big Paul/Lone Wolf has haunted forums for years, usually he gets booted off. His best friend forever is Northern Raider but I've not seen him about for a while, another one who gets kicked off forums. Bit of background for you that did the rounds some time back

Limp Wolf bangs on about going back to the land, growing what he needs then in the next breath saying he has a couple of freezers full of meat...not much good when the power fails LOL. How old would he be now, he must be nearer 80 than 70? He's an old fart but the bottom line is he's a harmless old fart his views won't change people.

Baytree

Extremely Talkative
I think there's the type on most forums , those that KNOW they're right and everyone else is wrong irrespective of anyone elses opinions , views or evidence . I've come acrosx LW on the previous incarnation of this forum and also on another and have engaged with him a couple of times. Set in his ways would be the polite way of putting it.
Part of me does have a slight admiration for such unswerving dedication of their view of the world . It reminds me of cult leaders like David Koresh who have the commitment to memorise the bible and run their own and their followers lives by a set of rules set out by their god and to see the rest of the world as either sinners or armies of babelon . One path and no deviation and probably perfectly logical in their eyes even if everyone else thinks they are wrong. And i thought LW was wrong on a lot of points such as his belief that there is going to be something like a 90% dieoff should , or rather when , the brown smelly stuff hits the big whirry thing but he'llbe alright because he's got a camo jacket.
Still harmless in his own way...

Baytree

Extremely Talkative
As Ford Prefect did with earth i'll upgrade him to mostly harmless. I suppose to those easily swayed his ideas could have influence.

A could go on all night about the man. Me an him have locked horns a few times however Am thinking we should put mr wolf to bed people ......he’s been given enough now. And I would prefer not to single the man out anymore than we have (I’m guilty to ) and I don’t mean any badness towards anyone I just think enough is enough :thumbsup:

To get this back on track the thread was started after several members of said US forum started going on about lynching as an acceptable form of summary justice which is something I was extremely vocal against. The lynch mob mentality singles out anyone different or unknown (or perhaps the wrong shade of brown) as a target. It's not about evidence or justice, it's about power, paranoia, anger and ultimately murder.
To give LW his due he also had the balls to speak up against it but it would seem that the whole idea of a good hanging is lurking just beneath the surface of the average American's psyche. Scratch the surface and you discover that we really aren't cousins across the pond.

Last edited:

Brambling

Slightly Addicted
You're not wrong @Ystranc . I spent a few weeks over there some years ago and was struck by the lack of respect for human life that seems to pervade US society. Maybe it's because they are such a young country and society (in comparison to europe) and they still hang on to a certain frontier mentality. Their need to be able to use deadly force to protect themselves and their property I found a bit disturbing.
In many respects, Americans are lovely people, but I don't get a lot of the American psyche.🙄