• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

January 2019 - first camp of the year

Madriverrob

Extremely Addicted
Al and I found a quick space to get out for a local overnighter , plan was to hammock in a regular spot within spitting distance of the beautiful North Yorkshire coast . Al wanted to try his new stove ( he’ll be along to tell you more about that in due course) and I wanted to try out my new hammock and tarp from Napsack hammocks ( no affiliation, just a satisfied customer, check them out ) .

On the menu was a starter of tandoori wood pigeon with lime pickle and and a lamb potato and cauliflower curry .....

Here’s a few pics for you ......

Cracking pictures buddy :D Who’s the ninja? (third picture from the bottom lol)

That food is mouth watering :D How did the tarp and hammock fair?.....they look ok 👍

Lol that’ll be me ......
Food was excellent , we always eat and drink well !

First impressions are good , I normally use DD but am trying for a lighter set up , quality is good , service fro Nspsack was excellent , I just need to get used to setting it up efficiently.

Hi Rob and Al.

First one of many for the New Year.....nice one👍
Stunning location and pictures.
The new Tarp looks just the ticket and must keep most of the wind draughts out and the rain.
Curry looks amazing a real outdoor banquet fit for kings.
Not too sure on the Ninja though :D

Thanks for sharing.

Lol that’ll be me ......
Food was excellent , we always eat and drink well !

First impressions are good , I normally use DD but am trying for a lighter set up , quality is good , service fro Nspsack was excellent , I just need to get used to setting it up efficiently.

Lol :ninja: if it keeps your face warm then it’s a win in my book👍

Yous do eat well mate. And right yous should. Spot on :D

Twas a cracking night, I was well under the weather so wasn't 'that' up for it, can't leave a man behind though, a good job I didn't, with no exaggeration, the making of the meal was the Pigeon breasts Tandoori style with pickled Lime and Mango chutney, Naan bread and more, it was a feast. I'll post more tomorrow, still not firing on all 4's.

Al and I found a quick space to get out for a local overnighter , plan was to hammock in a regular spot within spitting distance of the beautiful North Yorkshire coast . Al wanted to try his new stove ( he’ll be along to tell you more about that in due course) and I wanted to try out my new hammock and tarp from Napsack hammocks ( no affiliation, just a satisfied customer, check them out ) .

On the menu was a starter of tandoori wood pigeon with lime pickle and and a lamb potato and cauliflower curry .....

Here’s a few pics for you ......

View attachment 15883View attachment 15884View attachment 15885View attachment 15886View attachment 15887View attachment 15888View attachment 15889View attachment 15890View attachment 15891View attachment 15892View attachment 15893View attachment 15894View attachment 15895View attachment 15897View attachment 15898View attachment 15899
very nice Rob, thanks for sharing

Looks cracking, I've always been a ground dweller but at some point I'll give the hammock a go. Agree that there's no point stinting yourselves on the scran front, or the bevvy for that matter. I'm quite partial to a wee aperitif round the fire.

Good food and drink is an essential mate , I’ve always been a ground dweller too but these days get s much better sleep in my hammock ....,

I'm definitely interested in hammock camping and its on the 'to do' sooner rather than later. As in most things, money plays a part so it will be a birthday present or the like, I'll get there.

And yeah, I'm quite partial to a decent scran, unless its serious multi day walks (which I don't do any more really) then you can stick your packet porridge breakfast up your.... I'm happy to take a more oil based option :)

Some top scrannage there Rob, I salute you Sir.

You'll need to have your people talk to my people. ;)

I'm also going to have to up my game on the photo front, my mate is the photographer so I'll see if I can pester him too.

Back