• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Jerky day

urbanghost

Very Talkative
I have been stuck in the house this weekend with flu and got bored so I knocked up some jerky for next time I go out. To make it I used

60ml Worcestershire sauce
60ml soy sauce
1tsp paprika
1tbs honey
1tsp fresh ground black pepper
1tsp garlic powder
2tbs brown sugar
pinch of salt
Added these ingredients to 400g of meat. I tenderised it with a mallet and marinated it overnight in the fridge. Chucked it in the dehydrator today and 6 hours later had this lovely lot.
IMG_2579[1].JPG
Tastes much better than the shop stuff. It weighed 200g after dehydrating. beef cost me £2. When you think that 30g in Tesco cost £2 I think that's a good deal. Just got to not eat it all now before I get out.

I have a few different recipes I use, sometimes change the honey for maple syrup. Bit sweeter taste. I use my dehydrator quite a lot and my smoker gets quite a bit of use as well.

Looks good enough to eat ghost........I can see the temptation to eat it all now :D

Thanks for sharing your recipe :thumbsup:

Certainly good value for money:)

Back