• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Joahs Ark

Lets hope that you have more success than I did today. I'm going th have to take most of what I did today apart again as the base of the post is 15mm out of position. A cock up that has cost me a good few hours and a lot of extra effort.
That's the kind of problem that crops up when one man is doing a two man job.

Lets hope that you have more success than I did today. I'm going th have to take most of what I did today apart again as the base of the post is 15mm out of position. A cock up that has cost me a good few hours and a lot of extra effort.
That's the kind of problem that crops up when one man is doing a two man job.
Been there and done that on numerous occasions Mike, no wonder that my back is so crippled*

Been there and done that on numerous occasions Mike, no wonder that my back is so crippled*
I can't tell you how to fix that post Mike but I can tell you how make sure it doesn't go wrong again
Get a can of spray marker paint then before digging out the post make a mark 1 metre out from each side of the then mark out a square
Now take a long straight edge butted up to the post and spray in a line from edge to edge of the square, do this on all four sides of the post so that you have a cross the same width of the post
Now you can dig out the post, the reason for the metre square is that you possibly don't know how big the concrete post support is
Right now the post is out take two pieces of string and peg where the sides of the cross, make sure the strings are NOT on opposing sides
Now you can drop your new post in and it will go exactly where you want it just as long as the two sides of the new post are touching the string

Last edited:
Back