• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Just a bit of hypothetical fun

Joecole

Very Obsessed
Well the crap has well and truly hit the fan and it's time to get out of there
BUT you HAVE to take another person with you and you only get a choice
From between two who come from wildly differing backgrounds
You have to decide between either a game keeper or a poacher;)

So which one are you going to choose and why

For me it has to be the poacher every time because round here they probably know the fields and woods even better than I do

hard to say, a poacher at the end of the day is a thief and in a SHTF situation you don't need a thief around you.
however, a game keeper would probably be too strait laced and "by the book", so a difficult decision.
if I had my choice I would take one of my new age, homeless friends who have spent years living off the countryside and what they can scrounge.

hard to say, a poacher at the end of the day is a thief and in a SHTF situation you don't need a thief around you.
however, a game keeper would probably be too strait laced and "by the book", so a difficult decision.
if I had my choice I would take one of my new age, homeless friends who have spent years living off the countryside and what they can scrounge.
I think loney that if SHTF did happen we might all become thieves in one way or another simply to ensure our survival

I think loney that if SHTF did happen we might all become thieves in one way or another simply to ensure our survival
depends when does scavenging become stealing? I know there are people out in internet land that say they will take what they want post SHTF but I believe they are the minority and wont survive for long if that is the entirety of their survival "plan".

depends when does scavenging become stealing? I know there are people out in internet land that say they will take what they want post SHTF but I believe they are the minority and wont survive for long if that is the entirety of their survival "plan".
Depends on what they take and if it will cover their requirements. A large number of people will burden themselves with masses of stuff that bwill serve them no useful purpose. In a country beset by riots and a complete breakdown of civilization I wouldn't consider taking a few trout or pheasants as being a major crime. Take what you need and only when you need it.

in a complete societal breakdown with huge numbers of dead it'll be debateable who trout or pheasants will belong to, after awhile pheasants will just be another wild species anyway.

I bet when the power grid is down we'll still have idiots stealing widescreen TV's!!

I was thinking about that lot during the London Riots some years ago.
anyway who says that sort have any brain cells??:lol:

I was thinking about that lot during the London Riots some years ago.
anyway who says that sort have any brain cells??:lol:
I remember that, we were a bit worried that it would spread down this way

yeah they tried to start it down in Plymouth but it seems everyone had better things to do:lol:

that is the sort of mentality we will have to watch out for, not that they will survive for very long afterwards.
I have always said its not the event that will probably kill us its the actions and reactions of other people.

that is the sort of mentality we will have to watch out for, not that they will survive for very long afterwards.
I have always said its not the event that will probably kill us its the actions and reactions of other people.
I think probably vigilante law would take over, protect what's yours by any means

it dosent matter if its short term or a long term event, there will always be those who think they have the "right" to take from others, it will start in the cities and fan out from there.

They come here lol they won't be going back lol have a sign on my gate trespassers will be shot survivors will be shot again :rofl::rofl::rofl:

$_1-1.JPG

This one :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Mate of mine Joe in north Carolina he's a hillbilly he sent me this sign in metal they take it serious where he's from he told me if your ever going to visit anyone round here call them first or you could get shot esp if its dark

Back