• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Kayak Fishing tips tricks and ideas.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
We have a couple of members who enjoy a spot of Kayak Fishing on the forum.
Came across a couple of pictures of a Grapnel anchor I made some years ago 2009 ish I think🤔
Thought I would share it here.....might be of interest.

Easy to make and cheap to replace if you loose it.......ideal for anchoring over rough ground if you need to.

grap2.jpg
grap1.jpg

All thats needed is two lengths of heavy gauge wire......equal lengths.....bend and form to suit.
6/7 inch length of copper pipe.
Some scraps of lead.

Block off the loop end where your line will attach.....plastic wood works well.....force it into the pipe about an inch inside......this will hold the wires in place once set...... and stop the lead from running out of the other end.
Place the pipe in a vice.... or steady and secure as you like to fill the pipe with your molten lead......job done!

When working with molten lead make sure all items it comes into contact with are bone dry.
Wear gloves and goggles......pour slowly and try not to breath in the fumes.

Attachments

• grap2.jpg
    grap2.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 89
@Ark79

Just a thought Mark......would something similar be any good for moving weed on a swim 🤔

It would bill 👍🏻 Might fashion one up . It’s hard to judge from the pictures how big yours is…. (The Grapnel anchor🙄😂) but one small enough , around palm size would work to clear out a small swim with less disturbance than the normal rakes head thats used 👍🏻 Another one for the list of things I will do 😁

Back