• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Keeping animals...?

Funnily enough, I'm not a fan of the snorkers from my local butcher although his burgers are brilliant and he's quite inventive with stuff in sauces. Nice thick cut steaks too.
Each to his own Andy

Reactions: Bam
Over recent years I've found that I'm eating much more game than in the past. When I do buy meat for myself I try to buy the very best that I can. Our butcher also produces a really good raw dogfood that we feed to the dogs..a good balance of meat scraps, offal and fat. (They get marrow bone separately) They love it and it suits the fussiest delicate digestion
(yeah right, lurchers...delicate)
The other local butcher was one of the guys tied up in the Llanelwedd pony burger scandle so we leave him well alone.
If you want to influence food quality and animal welfare standards the best way I know is to vote with your wallet and support ethical products.

Over recent years I've found that I'm eating much more game than in the past. When I do buy meat for myself I try to buy the very best that I can. Our butcher also produces a really good raw dogfood that we feed to the dogs..a good balance of meat scraps, offal and fat. (They get marrow bone separately) They love it and it suits the fussiest delicate digestion
(yeah right, lurchers...delicate)
The other local butcher was one of the guys tied up in the Llanelwedd pony burger scandle so we leave him well alone.
If you want to influence food quality and animal welfare standards the best way I know is to vote with your wallet and support ethical products.
Here here

Back