• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Keeping it simple

Joecole

Very Obsessed
Because I'm to lazy to do anything else as a newbie I spend hours going through old threads. Had a very interesting time reading the one on survival find and individual ideas of what should go in one. In 24 years servy I personally never carried one simply because every thing went into my pockets just as it usually does now
My two opinels, large black bin liners, very small 1st aid kit a bit of cordage, being a smoker I've always got a couple of lighters AND something I noticed nobody else carried a couple of condoms and no not for the reason some of you are thinking but for water and it's amazing how much water one will hold but you will need a plastic carried bag to put it in.
Keeping it simple in my opinion is keeping it smart. Oh and yes I do keep some snare wire in the back of my wallet.

Because I'm to lazy to do anything else as a newbie I spend hours going through old threads. Had a very interesting time reading the one on survival find and individual ideas of what should go in one. In 24 years servy I personally never carried one simply because every thing went into my pockets just as it usually does now
My two opinels, large black bin liners, very small 1st aid kit a bit of cordage, being a smoker I've always got a couple of lighters AND something I noticed nobody else carried a couple of condoms and no not for the reason some of you are thinking but for water and it's amazing how much water one will hold but you will need a plastic carried bag to put it in.
Keeping it simple in my opinion is keeping it smart. Oh and yes I do keep some snare wire in the back of my wallet.
That should read survival tins

I don't have a survival tin, I go more for pouches.
I have an emergency bag in the car, sort of a bum bag affair, that goes in the back of the car under the seats and stays there permanently in case I need it.
if I have to I can just grab my bag and walk away, its more of a GHB than an all out survival bag but it'll do what I want it to.

I don't have a survival tin, I go more for pouches.
I have an emergency bag in the car, sort of a bum bag affair, that goes in the back of the car under the seats and stays there permanently in case I need it.
if I have to I can just grab my bag and walk away, its more of a GHB than an all out survival bag but it'll do what I want it to.
Well it's difficult to hang a tin on your belt. People say the tin can be used for cooking or boiling water in but let's be honest, how far can you walk in this fair land of ours without finding a discarded can

I have a home made 'survival tin' in a top pocket, plus a longer term 'belt kit' in my Bergen (when I go 'out' not when I'm shopping - that would be too weird, even for me!); the latter being a water bottle & kit inside a set of mess tins, in a pouch. I'm quite happy ripping of other peoples ideas - in this case special forces, but I'm probably out of date now.

Back